Unwanted Channels

Status
Please reply by conversation.

raymo721

SatelliteGuys Pro
Original poster
Mar 26, 2005
Front Range, Colorado
I have "unchecked" the channels that my OTA locals are multicasting ie: weather radar, on my HD10-250 but they're still showing up. Have done this several times to no avail. Am I missing something obvious? Tks in advance.--Ray

colofan said:
Even that isn't sufficient. My channel 582 jumped back in and set to the tuner in the middle of the night again.

yeah you cant remove that channel... the TIVO software needs that channel for it to think its operating properly.

I know with the non-local channels they are periodically readded. Anytime the HR10-250 thinks it is a new channel then it is added back to your guide. D* does something periodically to make it think it is a new channel. I don't know how many times I have removed the various sports package channels from my listings only to have them reappear next season.

This isn't where they come back after a period of time. Right after I uncheck them and go to live TV there still there, and they're still unchecked on the channel list. Its only the OTA channels not the sat channels. Could it be that cause they're multicast channels that the Tivo is still recognizing them as part of the main channel? ie: 7.1-7.2? I'll try unchecking all channels and then go back and add what I want to see if that works. Tks for ur help.--Ray

raymo721 said:
This isn't where they come back after a period of time. Right after I uncheck them and go to live TV there still there, and they're still unchecked on the channel list. Its only the OTA channels not the sat channels. Could it be that cause they're multicast channels that the Tivo is still recognizing them as part of the main channel? ie: 7.1-7.2? I'll try unchecking all channels and then go back and add what I want to see if that works. Tks for ur help.--Ray

No I Have SEVERAL Multicast channels blocked out of mine. Instead of favorites try using the "Channels I receive" list.

Shadow, went to channels I recieve as you and others have suggested. Unchecked and then checked what I wanted. Went to live TV and the multicast channels were gone!! But.... Went to favorite channels and found the same channels I had selected on the channels I recieve list, no multicast channels. Logical to me, so I checked my favorite locals and HD channels, ST and STHD channels.(yea, I bowed down. (Tom Petty) But... The multicast channels were still there when I went back to live TV!!!! They show up on the guide for favorite channels but not on the favorite channels list!! Its no big deal and I can live with it, but it just seems strange to me that this is happening. Oh yea, I forgot to mention that my HD10-250 was upgraded by Weekness. Think this has anything to do with it?? Thanks for everyones help.--Ray

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)