Unwanted Programs

smalbert

Original poster
Jul 11, 2006
I am using the 625 and am pretty pleased with it's performance. The one problem that I have is that it records hours of shows without me telling it to. I have to go through it each day and delete these unwanted recordings that are taking up space. I have looked for an option to turn this off, but I can't seem to find it. Any help about how to turn this feature off would be appreciated.

That's funny, I just wrote in another thread the same thing happened to me on my 622 last night. I went to the daily schedule menu and there was an hour show recorded from the History Channel that I did'nt set. It was scheduled to record again next Monday too. I deleated them both. Will be interesting tonight to see if its back again.:confused:

I have gone to bed some nights and woken up with 6 hours of unwanted recordings. If I check the scheduled programs,they do not show up there. The box just starts to record at random times with no warning.

I had a couple of service calls like this. Each time there were timers set for those recordings, probably by accident. Go in to your timers screen (NOT the schedule screen) and look for anything that you didn't put there on purpose. I thought only the D* Tivo units recorded BS on their own.

Why don't you delete ALL Your timers and start over. It sounds like a dish pass to me with a key word or title . One dish pass for an actor can fill up your hard drive fast.

Thanks for everyone's help so far. There are a few shows in my timers, and they get properly recorded, I will go through and set them up again from scratch, but I do not believe this is the problem. The shows that I often see recorded are seemingly random. Often children's cartoons and some business show in spanish. I do not know of any neighbors that speak spanish, so I think I can rule that one out. Maybe it would be helpful if I could reset the system to a fresh clean state and it would solve a few things. Is that possible, and if so, how would I go about doing that?

It happened to me just that one time. I cleared it out and all is ok. What I think happened-I have an 811 downstairs and the remote is on the same code as the 611 upstairs. I think the 611 may have interecepted some commands from the 811 remote. I noticed it last night when I was watching the upstairs tv on one channel, my wife was watching downstairs and my channel changed without me doing it. I went down and it was her that changed my channel.

VegasVoomer said:
It happened to me just that one time. I cleared it out and all is ok. What I think happened-I have an 811 downstairs and the remote is on the same code as the 611 upstairs. I think the 611 may have interecepted some commands from the 811 remote. I noticed it last night when I was watching the upstairs tv on one channel, my wife was watching downstairs and my channel changed without me doing it. I went down and it was her that changed my channel.
Change the remote address the uhf signal is good for upto 200'.:)

to remedy this issue , try changing your remote address on your sys info screen ( press sys info button on front panel)press 'sat' button dwn on remote until the other buttons on top of remote light up, release- then press a number between 2-15, then press (#) button, then record. the address will change on sys info. this may correct issue. also if your timer is set to record 'all episodes' - it will record 'all episodes' of that particular show.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)