Scott Greczkowski

Welcome HOME!
Original poster
Staff member
HERE TO HELP YOU!
Cutting Edge
Sep 7, 2003
Newington, CT
SatelliteGuys keeps bringing you the latest 922 news first. We are proud to be your 922 information source!

Got a new software release tonight a S101 which seems to have changed the screen saver screens with new graphics with the Dish and Sling logos.

Also just got this in as well...

The ViP922 SlingLoaded DVR will be available for all customers on April 7,
2010!

*The 922 should be offered only to customers who specifically request the
ViP922. (All new or existing customers that wish to have a ViP922 and
currently have, or will have broadband Internet in the next 30 days can be
set up for an installation.)

*Only Conus customers can get the ViP922 on their account, this receiver is
currently not available for Non-Conus customers. ( ie: PR, Alaska, Hawaii )

*ViP922 external hard drive support only includes the transfer of content
from a supported receiver to the ViP922. It can only be used for this
transfer and cannot be used to archive or record content from the ViP922.

In addition the fee for the 922 is now the same as a 722 $17 a month... but remember the DVR fee goes to $10 a month if you have a 922 on your account.

More as we have it! :)

Is anyone else disappointed by the limited EHD support?

I am a little, its one feature I haven't tested as I don't have a spare USB Hard drive and I didn't want to hook up the one from my 722k out of fear of losing my recording on the drive.

But I know they have been actively working on it, so with any luck the full EHD support will be here by the time I fill up my drive. (I still have a LONG way to go!) :D

I'm sure they will get it going pretty soon. I would imagine they will fix the delete bug on the EHD code in the other receivers first.

Scott, I would be interested for you to tell us if TV2 is putting out anything at all. I am very curious about that.

honestly Im not and thats only because I only use the EHD to transfer things back and forth, I never watched programs off of it so it doesnt effect me, however I can see why to some people it would piss them off if they are used to watching shows off the EHD's.

honestly Im not and thats only because I only use the EHD to transfer things back and forth, I never watched programs off of it so it doesnt effect me, however I can see why to some people it would piss them off if they are used to watching shows off the EHD's.

The problem is you can't transfer anything TO the EHD from the 922.

Is there any certain speed that your broadband has to be? My connection is only 1.5/256 which is the fastest that I can get at my location. My home is wired for Ethernet however.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Boy, this 922 really sounds worse and worse every time they update the information about what it CAN'T do. I am really not interested in this receiver any more at all. No internet web browser, no tv 2 in sd or hd at this time, NO ability to do dual mode if you wanted to, no External hard drive support like the current vip series does. I don't know why anyone would want this box at this time, at all.

Boy, this 922 really sounds worse and worse every time they update the information about what it CAN'T do. I am really not interested in this receiver any more at all. No internet web browser, no tv 2 in sd or hd at this time, NO ability to do dual mode if you wanted to, no External hard drive support like the current vip series does. I don't know why anyone would want this box at this time, at all.

:up:up

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)