update on CCTV not on 95w ku.

• WELCOME TO THE NEW SERVER!

If you are seeing this you are on our new server WELCOME HOME!

While the new server is online Scott is still working on the backend including the cachine. But the site is usable while the work is being completes!

Thank you for your patience and again WELCOME HOME!

CLICK THE X IN THE TOP RIGHT CORNER OF THE BOX TO DISMISS THIS MESSAGE
Status
Please reply by conversation.

danristheman

SatelliteGuys Pro
Original poster
Jan 25, 2011
85w
Well I wanted to give you guys an update I found 2 cats, giant moths, rain, cars, a few stupid neighbors but nothing good yet but I have been learning how this stuff works. I got my mom to learn this she hated at first but now she likes it. I got night vision cameras with infrared so it works well at night. I put camera at the back door in the kitchen window so she can see that one too. For under $200 you can put together your own kit so if anyone would like some help I can help them out as best as I can. here is a pic of one of my cameras I have a white one also. Here are some pics.

Attachments

• 20170628_205818[1].jpg
    20170628_205818[1].jpg
    36 KB · Views: 260
  • 20170628_205826[1].jpg
    20170628_205826[1].jpg
    35.4 KB · Views: 238
  • 20170705_221748[1].jpg
    20170705_221748[1].jpg
    22.9 KB · Views: 238
  • 20170705_221832[1].jpg
    20170705_221832[1].jpg
    23.3 KB · Views: 230
  • 20170705_221843[1].jpg
    20170705_221843[1].jpg
    23.6 KB · Views: 237
I use some of those Zosi cameras myself, the higher resolution ones work good and they don't break the bank. I bought mine off of Amazon for twenty-something each. Three of them have been up for about four years with no problems other than having to clean spider webs off of them every now and then.

Reactions: danristheman
Don't put a nightvision camera behind a glass window you get a white wash. I tried that i had to go back to the camera thats at the back porch now.

Part of my job is designing surveillance camera systems among other tech solutions but for some reason, I really enjoy helping businesses out with cameras. Something about making folks feel secure & catch low-lives I guess. As a company we're now diving into full blown access control systems as well which is its own world. Should be interesting to learn that piece.

I couldn't tell on my phone if the coax was for the dish or also cams. Did you go IP or analog, how many MP or TVL? I'm not familiar with that manufacturer.

Soooo new to the hobby but think I get the humor in the thread title :)

Front door current camera is 1000tvl zosi 17 bucks on amazon. All of the cameras are coax the front door cam has one speaker wire and one rg6 cable. I am using bnc adapter to rg6. I don't like wireless it can be jammed. Back door cam is a generic wide angle camera.

My cameras are all wired too, I didn't like the idea of wireless either and figured if I had to run power wires, then I may as well do wired. I bought BNC cables that also have the power wire in them off of Amazon.

For the difference in price, wireless didn't seem worthwhile cause they can be monitored remotely through the recorder anyway and I also have the output modulated onto a channel in my OTA setup so I can watch them on all our TVs in the house by just switching to that channel.

Reactions: FTA4PA
What DVRs are you guys using?

Dan,
Did you have anyone messing with your dish set up or was that just a nice hiding place a cam?

Oh yeah, I am not a fan of wireless at all for many reasons. When I mentioned IP, I was referring to hardwired IP via Cat 5e/6.

1000TVL sounds legit. That's a great price for audio and that resolution. Like the set up. For most home applications, that would be more than enough. Most home users won't want to mess with terminating coax versus the modular RJ45 directly into NVR/switch combo, but this is a unique group here regarding that :). BNC, coax ends, splitters, and spools of RG6 everywhere :biggrin2! Analog makes more sense here than for most end users.

I tend to lean towards IP wired because many of the NVRs also include a built in POE switch, then you just uplink to LAN for remote access the same you would a coax system. With analog you have to include some type of additional power box or 110v adapter brick. With any runs over 300 feet, I start looking at hybrid coax/IP solutions which usually comes out cheaper than multiple network switches. Keep in mind, there are Analog HD (AHD) systems out there now that can push a full HD CCTV codec over RG6 at 1080p/2 MP. You cannot mix the different analog HD standards though. Digital Watchdog for example using AHD, Hikvision uses TVI. DVRs are looking for one particular analog HD flavor. I like that IP is almost always the same ONVIF protocols. I can throw a Pelco IP cam on a Hikvision IP system. Just make sure no license is required.

Raine, That is nice regarding having this on your OTA setup on your main TV setup! Same story here, why run an electrical cable when you could just run a data/power cable. I'm also not climbing up on ladders to pull SD cards or change batteries. Also, adding multiple HD video feeds to your home wifi will bog down most folks wireless router.

Reactions: . Raine
I am using an Anran 4 channel system from Amazon for $39 hard drive is about $40 to $50 for 1 terrabyte. Its an western digital purple. I cant mount anything to the apartment so the dish was the next place on my mount there is a hole at the top. It perfect place to mount my camera since its behind the dish people won't see it untill its to late.

I'm using the exact same one as Dan, a Anran 4 channel from Amazon, I put a hard drive in that I had laying around.

It's not the greatest unit, but it works. The menu is a bit clumsy and the picture isn't as clear as if I hook the camera's direct to a TV or monitor, but it was dirt cheap. :biggrin

Someone had been coming by my apartment after i would leave to go out. They were harassing my mom trying to open the front door amd peeping through the windows. Cops told either to catch them in the act or on camera. So nothing yet for 2 and half months. I wish i could catch them.

Dan the man now all you need is to add some kinda zapping device if they mess with your dish! lol i hope they never come and leave your mom alone! I think everyone on the forum agrees messing with moms is a nasty thing to do!

Someone had been coming by my apartment after i would leave to go out. They were harassing my mom trying to open the front door amd peeping through the windows. Cops told either to catch them in the act or on camera. So nothing yet for 2 and half months. I wish i could catch them.
You should have told them that if you can catch them in the act that you wouldn't need the cops involved.

I was given 2 security DVRs to experiment with but no cameras or cables. I didn't realize until reading this post that the cameras were so inexpensive. The last time I was in my local Radio Shack ( yes, it's still open) they had some cables for around $6 for 50'.

20170731_180811.jpg

Thank you Corrado but I have a dvr now I do appreciate though someone else might be interested in those you might want to ask around.

To give you guys some good news I got my CCTV system working on my phone and my mom's phone so now she can see it all over the house. I had to download the app get a router and plug up my CCTV to it with an IP address it started working. So I am happy that it is now working.

Reactions: . Raine and FTA4PA
Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)