updated FTA list

• WELCOME TO THE NEW SERVER!

If you are seeing this you are on our new server WELCOME HOME!

While the new server is online Scott is still working on the backend including the cachine. But the site is usable while the work is being completes!

Thank you for your patience and again WELCOME HOME!

CLICK THE X IN THE TOP RIGHT CORNER OF THE BOX TO DISMISS THIS MESSAGE
Status
Please reply by conversation.

dunnsept

SatelliteGuys Pro
Original poster
Nov 10, 2008
Central Meechigan
I thought I'd post this as a new thread so it doesn't get buried/lost in the mix.
I took the FTA list posted by Sadoun and added the "filters" in to it.
so...

OK satguys.. please help me test this thing. Seems to work fine, but then again, I wrote it so it all makes sense to me. There are currently 1014 records in the list. If you are on a dial-up connection don't expect it to be really fast. If you have any suggestions, or find a problem, please post. This is currently hosted on my test site so don't bookmark it or anything as it likely won't stay where it is (will get moved to Sadoun when it's finalized)
I have some messed up characters & so on to fix in the data, so that's already noted.
FTA channel listinghttp://www.cgiconsulting.net/fta/fta-list.htm

Paul...

oops.. couple things I forgot.. you do not have to type in the full language to search on that.. for spanish you can just type in spa if you want all languages that start with the letter 'a', then just type in an 'a' (without quotes of course). if you want to reset the list back to full, clear out your choices and click update list again

The filters work fine for me. You may want to add a reset button if possible. That way one click and the whole list is displayed again.

Excellent work dunnsept, the filters work great. Unfortunately one of my wife's favorite channels, TOTV (Thai Overseas TV) is not on the list any longer. We watched it yesterday afternoon and in the evening it disappeared. :(

thanks!

and that sucks.. that list was compiled from lyngsat which in and of itself can be out of date. I guess I'd also better come up with an interface to keep that list updated.. back to the grindstone (er.. uh.. keyboard) ;-)
Paul...

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts