Updates

MadCabbit

Original poster
Jul 30, 2010
US
Now, I know that updates only come when they come, and not everyone gets the new updates immediately. But I know the boxes will ask to shut down if you are watching TV so it can update, to allow you to cancel and not interrupt the program you are viewing. My question is, if you cancel it, what needs to be done to get it to go through with the update? Will it do it automatically the next time the box goes into standby, or is there some way to force it to do it when you're ready?

The reason why I ask is that I'm still on S207 like a lot of people, but my mother is liable to cancel an update, since she watches TV from 7PM to 5/7AM pretty much continuously, and since it prompts late at night, and she's elderly, forgetful, and not tech-savvy, I can't be sure that she's not cancelling out of updates without me having any way of knowing it.

MadCabbit said:
Now, I know that updates only come when they come, and not everyone gets the new updates immediately. But I know the boxes will ask to shut down if you are watching TV so it can update, to allow you to cancel and not interrupt the program you are viewing. My question is, if you cancel it, what needs to be done to get it to go through with the update? Will it do it automatically the next time the box goes into standby, or is there some way to force it to do it when you're ready?

The reason why I ask is that I'm still on S207 like a lot of people, but my mother is liable to cancel an update, since she watches TV from 7PM to 5/7AM pretty much continuously, and since it prompts late at night, and she's elderly, forgetful, and not tech-savvy, I can't be sure that she's not cancelling out of updates without me having any way of knowing it.

It will try to update on the hour. If you cancel at 1am. It will try again at 2 am, ect.

Sent from my iPhone using SatelliteGuys

Wow. I thought elderly people went to bed early? She is a night owl being up those hours. :popcorn

How old is she if you don't mind me asking?

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)