Updates?

typerk

SatelliteGuys Family
Original poster
Jun 1, 2004
Irving, TX
I'm new to this forum so I may simply be behind. I just found out yesterday from a csr that my software is not up to date on my 522. She tried to walk me through it but the option of "system upgrades" is not available. My questions; Is this normal and how long after a update is it usually downloaded to my receiver? I turn both tuners off every night and as a matter of fact they are off mostly during the day too. Also am I the only one with the customer service grayed out and not being able to pay my bill via the tv? Thanks for any responses.

what version does it say you have go to system info to see but the open tv customer service option is not enabled yet nor is the single mode or pip and you probally have a audio problem when you hit pause on live tv

kwajr said:
what version does it say you have go to system info to see but the open tv customer service option is not enabled yet nor is the single mode or pip and you probally have a audio problem when you hit pause on live tv

L165GALD-N which she said was up to date but she said my bootstap version 1413GALD wasn't up to date. She also said that it was very weird that I didn't even have the option to update manually. Also the audio problem with the pausing of the live tv has ceased. I used to have to skip back once and it would be a quick fix but lately I haven't had to. Isn't it a shame when you are more surprised when something works correctly than when it doesn't.

typerk said:
L165GALD-N which she said was up to date but she said my bootstap version 1413GALD wasn't up to date. She also said that it was very weird that I didn't even have the option to update manually. Also the audio problem with the pausing of the live tv has ceased. I used to have to skip back once and it would be a quick fix but lately I haven't had to. Isn't it a shame when you are more surprised when something works correctly than when it doesn't.
by the way my audio problem comes and goes been gone for maybe a week now is it posssible for them to try new software with out actually flashing the rom or what ever they do this is for simon

kwajr said:
by the way my audio problem comes and goes been gone for maybe a week now is it posssible for them to try new software with out actually flashing the rom or what ever they do this is for simon
The main DVR software is stored on the HDD. The Boot program is on a flashable-ROM.

Boot is rarely changed, main software much more frequently.

They should never (and maybe can't) download something without changing the software level ID number.

just checking because it seem that the audio problem comes and goes for no apparant reason like all channels one week no channels the next

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts