Upgradding to H3 & wireless joey's, any advise?

bryanw20

SatelliteGuys Pro
Original poster
Sep 28, 2006
So I'm finally replacing my lovely 722 DVR, decided I want the new Hopper 3, and going to splurge with 3 wireless Joey's (not sure how good my old coax thru the house is).

I got alot of good answers in the BUNCH of questions thread & the DIRT team; but is there any more advise, tips, prep I need to do before my Tech gets here on Friday?

I don't suppose any of my old ir/uhf remotes will work with the new system?

Any other tips, tricks, things to ask the installer to do, ???

So I'm finally replacing my lovely 722 DVR, decided I want the new Hopper 3, and going to splurge with 3 wireless Joey's (not sure how good my old coax thru the house is).

I got alot of good answers in the BUNCH of questions thread & the DIRT team; but is there any more advise, tips, prep I need to do before my Tech gets here on Friday?

I don't suppose any of my old ir/uhf remotes will work with the new system?

Any other tips, tricks, things to ask the installer to do, ???

Other than the normal install tips like know where you want the box and other normal things, you shouldn't need to do anything else. The installer will take good care of you.

I figured, never been let down by an installer yet; just thinking that oh hey if you insert the flux capacitor before the gigawats, not after it saves 20 min, or etc.

Do they normally carry a device that can measure signal loss on a coax prior to connecting the dish?
I have a location I want to install, pre-wired, but I moved the dish from there years ago, now I can't remember if it was because of trees, or line loss...

Got it installed today!
So far so good.

Is it possible to program an old 6.4 ir/uhf remote to a wireless Joey? to work at the same time as the 40.0

Last edited:
Got it installed today!
So far so good.

Is it possible to program an old 6.4 ir/uhf remote to a wireless Joey? to work at the same time as the 40.0

I don't think the older remotes will work with the Hopper/Joey system. I believe it takes the 40.0 and up.

Sent from my iPhone using the SatelliteGuys app!

The older remotes work in IR mode only. They won't pair but if IR is turned on in the Hopper or Joey remote settings they work fine.

Reactions: pattykay
Thanks, I'll see if I can change the address on the remote...

Guess I can always use my phone, if I can get my app to work correctly

Thanks; had to move the switch on the bottom of the remotes; but programmed to #1 & they work via IR.

cool thanks!

Is there any reason to plug into the wired Ethernet port on the Joey's?

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts