Upgrade 625 to 722?

• WELCOME TO THE NEW SERVER!

If you are seeing this you are on our new server WELCOME HOME!

While the new server is online Scott is still working on the backend including the cachine. But the site is usable while the work is being completes!

Thank you for your patience and again WELCOME HOME!

CLICK THE X IN THE TOP RIGHT CORNER OF THE BOX TO DISMISS THIS MESSAGE

avchong

Original poster
Jun 1, 2004
Presently I have a 625 with no DVR or Lease fees (upgraded my owned 721 to a leased 625), can the 625 be upgraded to a 722 without subscribing to any HD programming and will the DVR and Lease fees continue to be zero?

You no longer have to pay a fee for not subscribing to HD. Your first (or only) receiver has no lease fee. But, why upgrade if you aren't getting HD?

Good reasons to upgrade, too bad they aren't options with the 625. However while I don't think you'll pay a lease fee or a fee for not having HD programming they will hit you with a DVR fee. You can pretty much eliminate it by going with a DVR Advantage programming package though. Keep in mind that I very much doubt they'll upgrade you without some kind of commitment.

Good reasons to upgrade, too bad they aren't options with the 625. However while I don't think you'll pay a lease fee or a fee for not having HD programming they will hit you with a DVR fee. You can pretty much eliminate it by going with a DVR Advantage programming package though. Keep in mind that I very much doubt they'll upgrade you without some kind of commitment.
if you have the americas everything package there is no fees

I would think Dish will eventually get rid of all their SD receivers. Why wouldn't you sign up for an HD receiver if you don't have to pay a fee for not subscribing to HD.

"I would think Dish will eventually get rid of all their SD receivers. Why wouldn't you sign up for an HD receiver if you don't have to pay a fee for not subscribing to HD."

For 1 there are no cable connections on the back of the HD DVR receivers so you are stuck using RCA if you have open RCA ports on your TV. or a modulator.

#2 I do not like wide screen tvs or the excess amount of electricity they use.

"I would think Dish will eventually get rid of all their SD receivers. Why wouldn't you sign up for an HD receiver if you don't have to pay a fee for not subscribing to HD."

For 1 there are no cable connections on the back of the HD DVR receivers so you are stuck using RCA if you have open RCA ports on your TV. or a modulator.

#2 I do not like wide screen tvs or the excess amount of electricity they use.

Ummm I'd have to disagree with you on #2. A lot of the newer widescreen displays use less power than old school CRTs by a pretty fair margin.

Ummm I'd have to disagree with you on #2. A lot of the newer widescreen displays use less power than old school CRTs by a pretty fair margin.

Yep, my 67" (Samsung 67A750)uses less than 1 watt when "off" and ~150 watts powered on (as measured by crutchfield).

In contrast, a typical "tube" TV uses 250-300 watts. I admit some "widescreen" TVs use mroe power, but you can do some research and get an Energy Star TV that is large/wide.

The HD enabling fee for having an HD receiver without HD programming is no longer listed on the current 24-month commitment forms, but that does not necessarily mean it has gone away. I believe it did go down from $7 to $5 though last I saw.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)