Upgrade. ATTN: dirt

Hank R.

Original poster
Sep 12, 2018
Okla
Looking to upgrade from a VIP 622 to a Hopper 3. I started to call Dish but from what I've read it said go through DIRT first because they can negotiate a better deal. Been a dish customer for almost years, but I understand that doesn't matter to dish. I have 2 TV's. Would dish want the old receivers back or trash them?

I recently got a free upgrade to an H3 and two J3's via Pam. They most definitely captured the two leased 612 receivers but claimed they only junked them. :( I still have my 722, but of course it's not activated on a Hopper account. I was going to sell it, but rumor has it that no new customer can activate these older receivers.:crying

In my experience the cost of upgrading from a ViP622 to Hooper 3 depends on your subscription package. The higher cost the package the more leverage you have.

In my case, as an out of contract Welcome Pack sub with only one TV, I had almost no leverage. So it was cheaper and easier to just buy a new Hooper 3 and install it myself.

Reactions: TheKrell
I recently got a free upgrade to an H3 and two J3's via Pam. They most definitely captured the two leased 612 receivers but claimed they only junked them. :( I still have my 722, but of course it's not activated on a Hopper account. I was going to sell it, but rumor has it that no new customer can activate these older receivers.:crying

You finally came into the 21st century? ;)

Reactions: HipKat
In my experience the cost of upgrading from a ViP622 to Hooper 3 depends on your subscription package. The higher cost the package the more leverage you have.

In my case, as an out of contract Welcome Pack sub with only one TV, I had almost no leverage. So it was cheaper and easier to just buy a new Hooper 3 and install it myself.

Actually, Hooper died a few days ago.

Afraid so. Dish sabotaged iVOD on my VIP receivers. :crying Now I struggle with the damnable CUI and I'm not liking it one bit.

Really? I love the Hopper. DishAnywhere is the best too. You can watch TV from anywhere you have internet just like you are sitting in front of your Hopper. You'll get used to it.

I bought the fire tv just because it has the dishanywhere app. I wish Apple TV would get the app.

Reactions: DawnB
DishAnywhere is the best too. You can watch TV from anywhere you have internet just like you are sitting in front of your Hopper

My 722 w/Sling adapter did that too and used to do it well. It even had capabilities that the Hopper never did, such as remote playback of EHD programs.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)