Upgrade Charges?

No sale is processed without that form being signed unless the tech forged your signature and then, you'd have a legal case

I know you guys are talking upgrades so this may be different but my in-laws just had a failing receiver replaced. They had an old Vip222 and the Tech replaced it with a Vip222k. They did not need to sign anything before the Tech left. No paper, no phone screen, nothing.

I know you guys are talking upgrades so this may be different but my in-laws just had a failing receiver replaced. They had an old Vip222 and the Tech replaced it with a Vip222k. They did not need to sign anything before the Tech left. No paper, no phone screen, nothing.
They should have at least signed the work order so the guy could show he did the work and get paid and I'm shocked they got a 222 replacement. We've been using 722's with the DVR disabled for replacing old 222's

They should have at least signed the work order so the guy could show he did the work and get paid and I'm shocked they got a 222 replacement. We've been using 722's with the DVR disabled for replacing old 222's
Since the DVR is disabled, maybe Dish is calling them 222's now. Otherwise, I think continuing to call them 722's, in spite of the lack of DVR functionality, is a bit misleading and confusing.

Since there were no charges involved (I assume?) DISH likely just makes the change in the account of what receiver you now have. I'm guessing there is supposed to be something signed but in this case I bet DISH does not hold feet to the fire.

Those charges may be normal. But I have never been accused of being normal.
I have never read the Art of the Deal, but I have practiced it for over 50 years.
I don't remember if I paid $50 for my upgrade from H2 to H3 or got it free and 0 for the Joey 2.
I seldom pay retail and then if there is any doubt about the deal I put my wife to work. She can be brutal. The salesman is lucky to leave with his shirt.

No they were not required by the Tech to sign anything. He did the swap, made sure everything worked, asked if they had any questions, and left once he was satisfied they were happy. Really nice guy and a great Tech.

Since the DVR is disabled, maybe Dish is calling them 222's now. Otherwise, I think continuing to call them 722's, in spite of the lack of DVR functionality, is a bit misleading and confusing.

Nope -- definitely a Vip222k. I talked to Customer Service ahead of time and they told me the "k" version is still being issued and used on a regular basis. I would have been fine with a 722 w/o DVR but I agree they should not call them 722.

Since there were no charges involved (I assume?) DISH likely just makes the change in the account of what receiver you now have. I'm guessing there is supposed to be something signed but in this case I bet DISH does not hold feet to the fire.

Probably this. Really it was similar to replacing a failed receiver except instead of shipping it to me and letting me install it Dish wanted to send a Tech out to check the entire setup. They were going to charge the normal $95 Tech visit fee but they waived it since I had spent 4 hours over the previous 2 days on the phone with Tech Support doing troubleshooting. Even though they waived the fee the Tech didn't know this so I was surprised they didn't have to sign anything.

Reactions: Tampa8

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts