Upgrade confusion, can someone help?

jself1982

SatelliteGuys Pro
Original poster
Apr 15, 2006
South Carolina
Hi,

Here's a situation that I can't get Dish Network to help with, so I know you guys (and girls) always helps me faster than Dish Network.

Here is the setup:

Currently, 6 TV's, each TV has a Dish 301 (I think), connected-currently 6 sd receivers. It takes 2 Dish Network Dishes on the same house pointed to the 110/119 position to have all 6 TV's under the same roof to work. Current packages is Top 250 + Superstations + Greenville/Spartanburg SC Locals, No HD, just SD. Currently not under any contract, long term customer.

What I need to know is:

What is the best upgrade options, most economical?

Would having 3 ViP 222k's, with each receiver controlling 2 TV's with the dual tuner option, lower the bill?
I'd like to have at least one of the ViP 222k's do HD as only 1 TV in the house is an HDTV, so would I have to change arcs to get my locals in HD? If so, what is the cost of this upgrade?

Basically, what we are looking for is an upgrade to HD on one tv but with not having to lose signal on the other 5 tv's, a way to take advantage of the dual tuner receivers to lower the bill from having to pay 6 receiver fee's, or could you all tell me a more economical upgrade?

The current monthly bill total is usually around $135-$140 a month.

Thanks.

With 6 solo receivers you have now, your total receiver fees should be $35. Three 222ks would cost you $28.00 Yes, you would need a new EA dish in order to receive HD.
Please contact DIRT. They will get you squared away most assuredly.

Go to the bottom of the FORUM paged. Logged on Dirt members will be in RED.
They can answer about auto-pay.

You will save $7 on receiver fees as noted, but there will be a $10 HD fee on top of that, unless you can somehow talk them out of it. I don't think autopay and paperless billing will save that fee anymore, or you might get a 24-month free HD for the upgrade (but I think that is only for new customers).

Do you need to watch different channels independently on each TV? If not, a Hopper and a couple Joeys and a couple RF modulators may get you where you want to be, especially if some TVs happen to be back to back, where you can mirror them. I know you don't need HD now but that may change in the future.
i know I am a hammer and the Hopper is my nail.

... but there will be a $10 HD fee on top of that, unless you can somehow talk them out of it. I don't think autopay and paperless billing will save that fee anymore, or you might get a 24-month free HD for the upgrade (but I think that is only for new customers).

That is an interesting question, a current customer (current before the date of change about HDFFL) upgrading to HD, and the fee.

They may not let you upgrade to 222 receivers. They are only allowing them on upgrades for Plan A customers now or if you actually purchase them. Dish doesn't want to use 22 receivers anymore, they want you to have 211 receivers at each TV.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts