Upgrade DishPro to DishPro PLUS

• WELCOME TO THE NEW SERVER!

If you are seeing this you are on our new server WELCOME HOME!

While the new server is online Scott is still working on the backend including the cachine. But the site is usable while the work is being completes!

Thank you for your patience and again WELCOME HOME!

CLICK THE X IN THE TOP RIGHT CORNER OF THE BOX TO DISMISS THIS MESSAGE

Mr_J

Original poster
Apr 17, 2007
Hi,

I am in Central NJ.

I have a Dish 500 dish with Quad DishPro LNBs. (4 cables from the satellite disk.) I current have a 721, 508 and 501.

I am thinking of replacing the 501 with a 625 and would like to be able to use both tuners.

What is the best upgrade configuration?

Thanks,
John

I would go with the the dish 1000.2 even though it has 119, 110 and 129. It can feed your 3 receivers and it will get you 119 and 110 with higher signals than a dish 500. Also you'll only need a single cable to the dual tuners if you use separators.

Your other option is a DPP44 switch and that's double the price of the 1000.2.

Hi,

I am in Central NJ.

I have a Dish 500 dish with Quad DishPro LNBs. (4 cables from the satellite disk.) I current have a 721, 508 and 501.

I am thinking of replacing the 501 with a 625 and would like to be able to use both tuners.

What is the best upgrade configuration?

Thanks,
John
With more than two receivers, the only DPP solution I know of is the DPP44 switch. Keep the Quad, feed two outputs into the DPP44, then send one cable from there to each receiver. Use the DP Separator there to split the cable so each tuner gets an input.

If you don't mind running two cables from the switch to the receiver, you could use a DP34 switch. With that, you'd have two outputs from the Quad, plus four outputs from the switch. It would look like the diagram, without the extra two switches.

Attachments

• dp34_04.jpg
    dp34_04.jpg
    19.3 KB · Views: 233
Good thinking mdonnelly. A DP34 will be cheaper too. The only draw back is having to run two cables to the the dual tuners but other than that, he should be fine with a DP34 switch.

I am not a big fan of going out on the roof to change the dish, so I guess I would need to find a local installer.

Since I can not run a 2nd cable to the 625 location, it sounds like I can get the 1000.2 or the DPP44.

What are the advantages to getting the 1000.2? HD?

Thanks,
John

Actually it is more like a built in dish pro 44 switch that allows you to see 4 satellites without any external switches. I use a dish 1000.2 and I have a side sat dish for 61.5 plugged into my triple lnb that sees 110/119/129 sats.

I would probably forget the 1000.2 dish only because you're in NJ and you wouldn't be able to see the 129 sat with this dish since you're near the northeast, besides the dish is pretty big. I would go with the DP34 switch.

Why exactly are you replacing the 501 with a 625 ?

Your monthly cost will increase by $6 per month, because the 625 requires a DVR fee. And your equipment cost will increase, in order to feed 5 tuners.

Is a fifth tuner that useful ?

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts