upgrade for a "super dish"

jerryd

SatelliteGuys Family
Original poster
Oct 26, 2005
Central Wisconsin
I am using a "super dish" and would like to upgrade it with a new LNB that will work with a hopper for the western arc. The existing mount on the dish for the existing LNBS is different then the the one necessary for a new type LNB If I remove the old LNB and rig up a way to fasten a new LNB, will the focal point shift and cause a weaker signal?

I am on WA and need the internationals on 118.7. I believe I got the SuperDish to get 105. I think that is where internationals or something used to be. Then my Tulsa, OK locals went to 129 I believe, but don't hold me to it. A Dish installer as I remember but am not sure put in a Plus dish and he might have used a part off of the SuperDish. If I remember correctly I was have some signal loss with 129 later and I had a Dish technician try to separate that one off of the Plus using my 24"
commercial dish previously used for 61.5. He couldn't get the satellite with that dish so he had to use a Dish 500. I was disappointed in that and for some reason he confiscated my LNB that I used with the 24" commercial Dish for 61.5. I owned all my own dishes that I had purchased and I believe now I would like to kick that MFer's ass for taking that part. I still have the SuperDish and wondered if there was any use for it. I feel my set up is over the head of most of the average dumbass Dish installers. #@^! them.

I am on WA and need the internationals on 118.7. I believe I got the SuperDish to get 105. I think that is where internationals or something used to be. Then my Tulsa, OK locals went to 129 I believe, but don't hold me to it. A Dish installer as I remember but am not sure put in a Plus dish and he might have used a part off of the SuperDish. If I remember correctly I was have some signal loss with 129 later and I had a Dish technician try to separate that one off of the Plus using my 24"
commercial dish previously used for 61.5. He couldn't get the satellite with that dish so he had to use a Dish 500. I was disappointed in that and for some reason he confiscated my LNB that I used with the 24" commercial Dish for 61.5. I owned all my own dishes that I had purchased and I believe now I would like to kick that MFer's ass for taking that part. I still have the SuperDish and wondered if there was any use for it. I feel my set up is over the head of most of the average dumbass Dish installers. #@^! them.
Don't get too mad they probably know more about DISH's current LNBs than you do. I would suggest instead of hijacking another thread you start your own ank ask your question.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)