Upgrade form 722 to 722k

• WELCOME TO THE NEW SERVER!

If you are seeing this you are on our new server WELCOME HOME!

While the new server is online Scott is still working on the backend including the cachine. But the site is usable while the work is being completes!

Thank you for your patience and again WELCOME HOME!

CLICK THE X IN THE TOP RIGHT CORNER OF THE BOX TO DISMISS THIS MESSAGE

runningman

Active SatelliteGuys Member
Original poster
Nov 6, 2003
Happy with my 722 but I want the extra tuner with the 722k. I'm currently out of contract and wanted to move to the 722k. Is dish still installing 722's when requested or all they all 722k receivers? I'm willing to pay for the add-on module and 2 year commitment. Living in albany, ny I also need to get the dish updated to get to the EA. When speaking to a CSR a few weeks ago on the fox & disney issue he told me to disregard my june letter about getting a free dish upgrade. Any thoughts or magic words to use on the 722k and is something going on about upgrading customers to the EA these days? i'm on the dish top 200 package. thanks for the feedback!

I did that type of upgrade with 2 boxes (both 722's). I emailed CEO and told them what I wanted to do. They called me and I pretty much told them what you said in your post. They then told me if I would pay for the OTA modules, they would do the receivers for free. I agreed and everything went smooth... They did not add any time to my contract or anything.

Sometimes, you just have to tell them what your trying to accomplish.

If they offer the free dish upgrade, take it and ask then about upgrading to the "K". Like Cditty said, agree to buy the module (which is now 50 bucks, crazy) and they might do it for free.

The 722 has the atsc tuner built into it already which you already knoww but only for tv one. If you modulate tv1 to say 125 cable & tv2 to 73 cable for example and have an ota antenna hooked up to tv1 all you need is a uhf duplicate remote for tv & control it from the tv 2 location. Also the 722k does not have s video for sd picture for tv 1 also. I had my 7222 and 622 for over 3 1/2 years and switched to 722ks so I could use the otas but the first set of 722ks had harddrive failures and the second set overheated.

thanks for the assistance

A very helpful CEO staff person called from dish within 24 hours of my e-mail. the EA is being installed on thursday. I offered to buy the 722k module if they would swap out my 722 for a 722K and she said the installer will bring one. Short and sweet call. thanks again for the advice.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts