Upgrade from 322 to DVR 625

troywellbuilt

Original poster
Oct 26, 2006
Hi everyone. My first post, so please go easy if I ask something dumb...

I currently have a 322 and would like to upgrade to a DVR 625. Is this an install I could do myself? I ask because the original Dish installation was a nightmare and my wife would never allow them in the house again. Unfortunately the Dish CSR gave me info that contradicted the website, so I cannot believe much of what he said.

Also, If I record something can it be viewed on either TV1 or TV2?

Thanks for any help.

Yes, you should be able to do this install yourself. The hookups are the same as the 322. Your recordings can be seen on either TV. You may be charged a DVR fee for the 625 and you must have a phone line attached or there is another fee. I did my own 625 install without any problems.

Yes. Same hookups. Same cable requirements. Basically same everything except for the addition of the harddrive.. You can just move the all the cables from the 322 over to the 625 watching closely to move each cable to the right spots.
Then after powerup of the 625 go make sure that your tv2 modulated channel is set to what you have your second tv already set too.. Then call Dish and have her cut on. Then sit down and watch tv... Real Simple.. Enjoy :)

For those of you out there that have more than one receiver, you will need to change the remote addresses so that the receivers do not interfere with each other. Some may choose to upgrade making it an addition to what they have instead of a replacement. You do this by going into the system information screen and if the receiver is in the same room as the other receiver then you will need to unplug it so that you do not accidentally change the remote address on both receivers by accident. First program the remotes to a different remote address than what the others are using then hit record on each of the remotes while you are in the system information screen. I usually program it with a number above 10 on all dual tuner receivers so that way if there would be another receiver within range it will not interfere with mine or any other receiver that I may connect in the house in the future which uses 1 by default.

The question no one has addressed is are you leasing the 322 or do you own it? If leased you will have to deal with DISH. They own all your equipment so if you disconnect the 322 you must return equipment and may have to pay penalties. They also restrict upgrades, so you have to play by their rules. CALL DISH before you do anything.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)