upgrade from 500 to 1000.2 in NC

• WELCOME TO THE NEW SERVER!

If you are seeing this you are on our new server WELCOME HOME!

While the new server is online Scott is still working on the backend including the cachine. But the site is usable while the work is being completes!

Thank you for your patience and again WELCOME HOME!

CLICK THE X IN THE TOP RIGHT CORNER OF THE BOX TO DISMISS THIS MESSAGE

jackien

Original poster
Jun 9, 2008
Apex, NC
this site is awesome - i've learned a lot the last 2 days. My searching began when an E* technician came out for my request to upgrade to HD programming and said i wouldn't be able to get a signal because of a particular tree.

Our current dish is mounted on the chimney of our 2 story house. the tech was HUGE, therefore did not attempt to get on the 40' ladder that we had told them would be needed.

After reading lots on your site, I went to dishpointer even 3 D...and it looks to me like 129w is in the same direction as 110 & 119... If any tree needs to be trimmed it wouldn't be the one he pointed to... but the elevations look fine.
I called E* today and basically no one cares. They said it is regular policy to have a supervisor come out to check when the service call result is "no signal". But they won't schedule that with me, so I won't know if/when he comes, so I won't be able to talk to him about which trees would need to be trimmed, etc.

SO - is all this pointless because 61.5 is where we really should be in our location? What can I do? Until this point I've really been satisfied with E*, but frustrated enough to consider switching to D*. What are our alternatives?

The 129 satellite is an old DISH satellite that is temporarily located in a Canadian satellite slot. The Canadian satellite is due to be launched in 2009 I believe, until then the outer states(border and coastal) have problem with 129 reception. For the East coast 61.5 is the best solution.

When I first got DISH 11 years ago, I had a dish 500 for 119 and 110. Then when HD came along, I added 61.5 to get CBS-HD from NY and some of the other channels.

When RAL locals came in HD and I needed the 118W Satellite, another upgrade to DISH1000+ along with the 61.5 (not using the 129 LNB on the 1000+). RAL HD channels will be moving to 61.5 later this year so I will be all set with the 61.5 already in place. Since I still have some legacy receivers, I probably won't deploy Eastern Arc dish for a while (when that becomes live later this summer.).

61.5 is the best choice out here for signal strength and tree clearing. I would probably suggest adding 61.5.

Thanks dish_nc -- I'm a non-tech...so do you have 2 dishes? And since we don't have hd now, & no hd receiver, would we be better to wait unti EA goes live and get dish, receiver, service all at once. We've waited this long, a few more months isn't terrible.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)