Upgrade from 811 to 211 question

blfuller

Well-Known SatelliteGuys Member
Original poster
Jan 15, 2004
Washington State
I had a question on the program guide on the Vip211. My 811 was recently replaced with the 211 in the MPEG2 to MPEG4 upgrade offer. One thing I noticed on the program guide was that all the local terrestrial channels only display "Digital Service" for all the channels. I couldn't find any settings in the guide preferences to display the actual programming content like my 811 used to have. Is this typical for the 211 receiver model because it is the entry level model or is it typical for all dish HD receivers for the local terrestrial channels? Please let me know. Thanks.:confused:

I had a question on the program guide on the Vip211. My 811 was recently replaced with the 211 in the MPEG2 to MPEG4 upgrade offer. One thing I noticed on the program guide was that all the local terrestrial channels only display "Digital Service" for all the channels. I couldn't find any settings in the guide preferences to display the actual programming content like my 811 used to have. Is this typical for the 211 receiver model because it is the entry level model or is it typical for all dish HD receivers for the local terrestrial channels? Please let me know. Thanks.:confused:
To get the 211 to display anything other than Digital Service, you must be subscribed to locals via dish.

Geoff

And if you do subscribe to locals like GNASH mentions but just got it installed today, it can take a day or so for it to populate (the local, OTA stations only) the guide.

Yeah, being a non-DVR, it would read and display the PSIP data sent by the stations and use that to populate the program guide. You really don't want to use PSIP data for DVRs, but the 211 isn't a DVR... Sure sounds like the OP needs to pony up $5/mo if he/she wants the guide data.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)