Upgrade from 942 to 622 in CT

• WELCOME TO THE NEW SERVER!

If you are seeing this you are on our new server WELCOME HOME!

While the new server is online Scott is still working on the backend including the cachine. But the site is usable while the work is being completes!

Thank you for your patience and again WELCOME HOME!

CLICK THE X IN THE TOP RIGHT CORNER OF THE BOX TO DISMISS THIS MESSAGE

donjoy44

SatelliteGuys Family
Original poster
Jan 23, 2006
Hi dont see why it is worth it for me to upgrade from our 942 to 622 because we dont get HD locals from dish in Ct I do recieve most pretty good OTA, channel 8 new haven being the worst at 69%. Wondering if i do switch what type of dish will i need or 2 dishes, I have a dish 500 now and really dont want 2 dishes but heard here that could be the case. One more thing it does suck that we cant get NESNHD on Dish It seems when watching it on standard the picture seems worse maybe because of the downconversion from the HD signal.
Are there other from Ct on this forum using 622?

Oh just wanted to say "HI" been reading forum for a couple months and find it very informative, thankyou

:welcome Don
Just wanted to add that the 622 of course is not just for locals, any of the newer hd, which i assume you want hence the 942, will only be viewable by the 622.
So, today it may not be worth it, although i think the 622 is a slightly better receiver than the 942, mainly speed of response.
Of course in the next month or 2 they are also talking about 2 or 3 new hd channels, such as starz hd, that may make it worthwhile upgrading.

Thankyou for you response,
Does the deal in April $200 rebate end in April or continue on? Will I need two dishes in the ct area or will a dish 500 handle the the 622 and new hd programs

donjoy44 said:
Thankyou for you response,
Does the deal in April $200 rebate end in April or continue on? Will I need two dishes in the ct area or will a dish 500 handle the the 622 and new hd programs

Don,
Welcome from a fellow Connecticut viewer. Yes, if you upgrade to the 622 you will need a second dish pointed at 61.5 as that is where most of the newer HD has been placed (Voom, UniversalHD, ESPN2). There's currently no timetable for CT HD locals, so don't expect them before the end of the year.

From what I understand, the rebate offer will continue past April, but someone else may want to confirm that if they know for sure.

Frank

Thankyou Frank,
How are your OTA channels? Im in Enfield still cannot get cptv out of Hartford but get most others

donjoy44 said:
Thankyou Frank,
How are your OTA channels? Im in Enfield still cannot get cptv out of Hartford but get most others

I don't think CPTV is broadcasting in digital from Hartford yet. I can pull in WEDW from Bridgeport sometimes.

I get NBC 30 very strong, ABC 8 and CBS 3 are good. Lately Fox 61 has been poor for me. UPN 59 and PBS (WEDW) are iffy but I have to manually tweak the antenna. I don't get WB 20.

I'm in New Milford with an Antennas Direct DB8 in the attic. I have a CM4228 on order and hope to improve some of the marginal signals with that, especially 8 and 20 which are VHF.

Well, I got my 622 from DishStore.net today. I opened it up, disconnected my 921 and fired it up. Did a "Check Switch", then it went and did a long download, downloaded the guide, and presented me with a "Your Receiver is not yet authorized" screen.

I called Dish Network, the first guy I got was cool, had me reboot and do the "Check Switch" again (even thought I told him I already did it). I had to reboot and slam the MENU button while the reboot was "aquiring signal", read him some numbers off the new SysInfo screens, and I was done!"

I asked about the $200 921 trade in, he put me on hold, came back and told me I was going to receive a box in the next 4 days to return the 921 and I'd get the $200 credit.

TOO EASY!! Don't know if I lucked out with my CSR, but I did everything myself.

He did tell me that I could no longer pay the year in advance, and he had to credit me for the 3 months I had left prepaid and put me on the new packages, but that was it.

If you're worried that buying from DishStore won't get you the $200, forget it. It works.

Thanks to Sckott and DishStore for this great deal! A 922 for basically $299 that I own and can sell if I decided to leave Dish or upgrade in the future is a GREAT DEAL!

FYI - I have a Dish 500 and a Dish 300 at 61.5, and they did not blink an eye about me not having a Dish 1000 or Dish 1000+.

:-jon

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts