Upgrade from KVH S3 to MotoSat HD -DP3

Fergy

Original poster
Aug 20, 2008
I plan to change sat. unit on our motorhome from KVHS3 to M.Sat HD DP-3.Will be using the VIP-722DVR.
Anyone had experience with this,and what about sales/installers in the Phoenix,Mesa,or Apache Junction area?
Would appreciate any feedback.

I plan to change sat. unit on our motorhome from KVHS3 to M.Sat HD DP-3.Will be using the VIP-722DVR.
Anyone had experience with this,and what about sales/installers in the Phoenix,Mesa,or Apache Junction area?
Would appreciate any feedback.

Can you provide a link to info about the the M.Sat HD DP-3? I tried to Google it and got no results. You may have a significant amount of difficulty using any mobile dish with a dual tuner receiver, such as the ViP722

Any of the Mobile Satellite Dish(s) can NOT receive multiple Orbital Slots at the same time, because this is the case it will be next to impossible to get any Dual Tuner Dish DVR to function properly with any of the Mobile Satellite Dishes.

The Next best solution would be to get a 211 and use a External Hard Drive connected to it so you can have DVR functions using a HD receiver, although I do not believe Dish has released the software to allow a 211 to access a External Hard Drive quite yet. The new Firmware to allow this should be spooling over the next month or two though.

John

Any of the Mobile Satellite Dish(s) can NOT receive multiple Orbital Slots at the same time, because this is the case it will be next to impossible to get any Dual Tuner Dish DVR to function properly with any of the Mobile Satellite Dishes.

The Next best solution would be to get a 211 and use a External Hard Drive connected to it so you can have DVR functions using a HD receiver, although I do not believe Dish has released the software to allow a 211 to access a External Hard Drive quite yet. The new Firmware to allow this should be spooling over the next month or two though.

John

its costly but this one can

SK-1000 TRAVELER RV Dish Network TRIPLE LNB SATELLITE TV ANTENNA

Shaggy,

The other consideration for the Traveler RV Dish is that it picks up 119,110, and 129. Most Multiple Slot Dishes are a compromise so they do not maximize a single orbital Slot. Remember that Echostar V, which resides at 129, was not designed for 129, this means Echo V's footprint trails off at the Southern PA Border. Dish Installers do not use the 129 orbital slot for PA, NY or any other State in the Northeast. The if you plan on traveling into the Northeast its highly likely the Traveler Dish will not be able to pick enough of a signal from 129 for reliable service.

John

he says hes in Phoenix are thats west cost and plenty of signal for 110, 119, 129. if he really wanted to im sure he could do a dual dish solution. the 1k.2 rv system and then a second motorized for the 61.5 (if its a dp dual u can barrel it into the 1k.2) and it will then pick up all 4 or in some cases only 3 sats.

I could be completely wrong but hell it sounds like a cool setup.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)