Upgrade Install

dennisinsc

SatelliteGuys Family
Original poster
May 2, 2007
Upstate SC
We have been DIsh customers for almost 10 years and finally made the move to a 625 from 508/3900/301. Don't have an HDTV and in no hurry to get one. Used a local retailer. Friday AM it took all of 20 mins to change LNB from legacy, and unhook the 508 and connect the 625. Dropped the 3900 and 508. May add back the 508 at some point.

Had a minor glitch in changing programming, as we wanted to switch from AT250 w/locals to DVR Advantage 250 which didn't happen on Friday. Called my retailer (Satellites Plus in Inman, SC) Monday AM and he called E* and got it fixed right away.

Just wanted to post a kudos for them and let people looking in and considering E* to know that not all upgrades and installations are horror stories. Guess just not enough people take the time to tell a positive tale.

By the way, how do I unlock the 625 so I don't have to look at DNFYI every time I turn it on?

Guess I'll have to start tinkering with it to get it customized to our needs.

Again thanks to Satellites Plus in Inman, SC.

That is what usually happens with a local dealer instead of the 800#. We do care about our customers, they really are important to us.

I am in the middle of literally throwing the dish, multi switch and receivers straight into the street. First week in May, 2015, my service to all 4 TV's stopped, NO problem with payments, NO problem with the service, over 14 years of good relations with Dish. They say they turned the receivers off because "It is time to upgrade them". So, first tech comes out, switches 3 of the 4 boxes, adds the multi switch and changes the dist to "one set up for HD". The new boxes aren't HD, but, "now, you are ready for HD, when you wish". Tech had a hard time getting any sort of reception on the 3 new boxes, but, finally, good to go...FOR ONE DAY ONLY. New stuff reports "complete signal loss", and "partial signal loss", back and forth, no boot back up. Called Dish, "OK, we'll send a tech......next weekend". So NO TV for 6 days.

2nd tech gets here, gets the system running, after two ours no new parts. Next day, same thing, system goes down, now, taking the older receiver with it as well, all 4 gone. Different tech shows up, 2 hours later, no changed parts, TV is back on, for ONE DAY, same thing occurs. Once again, 6 days with no TV service.

3rd tech shows up, you guessed it, 6 days later, same issues, he changes the multi switch to another new one, saying the other one had water in it? This new switch supposedly runs on 24 volts, other one ran on 18, his report. we did have some serious rain for a day in this last week, so, box was defective on sealing. Sysem back up, FOR ONE DAY.

4th tech is supposed to be here tomorrow, 6 days later.

If this system dosn't work as the original stuff they took out, that had NO problems for over 15 years, all 3 new boxes, the "rental" ones, the multi switch and satellite dish are going in a pile in the middle of the street in front of my, place, and they can come from Carson City and pick 'em up. Also, bill will not be paid, and I have informed them I want the unpaid bill to go to collections, and court, where I will sue the daylights out of them for breach of service contact, demanding payment while refusing to fix issues of lack of service, and probably kidnapping the Lindburgh baby, and losing the location of Amelia Earheart as well.

Am I fed up, YOU BETCHA. Not one problem with the old system for over 15 years, in two different locations, California and Nevada, with a total down time, in very bad weather of less than one full day, then, this UPGRADE nightmare and disaster for almost one solid month, not for this kid, ain't gonna go on.

Is DirectTV an option? Absolutely NOT, they are worse than Dish.

So the first question is what kind of receivers do you have, and what is your zip code. That will open the doors for a better picture on what is going on. If you have had bad weather, and this was a Arc Migration, it is possible the old system worked because it pointed in a different direction.

I have been with Dish for years. I originally had the 625 but recently upgraded to the VIP722K .Both times I called Dish, never a retailer, and both installs were good. I now have a 70" HD TV and could never go back to SD.