Upgrade My LNB to Slim Line 5

• WELCOME TO THE NEW SERVER!

If you are seeing this you are on our new server WELCOME HOME!

While the new server is online Scott is still working on the backend including the cachine. But the site is usable while the work is being completes!

Thank you for your patience and again WELCOME HOME!

CLICK THE X IN THE TOP RIGHT CORNER OF THE BOX TO DISMISS THIS MESSAGE
Status
Please reply by conversation.

Bodo Fenrirsson

On Vacation
Original poster
Jul 21, 2009
Grovetown,GA
I need advice on how to get a D* technician out to exchange my SL3 LNB for a SL5 LNB. I reordered the Spanish package after I got in the mail a SL5 LNB from Solid Signal. I called the 800 number for D* & it was smooth sailing explaining that I needed my LNB changed out & that I wanted a WB68 multi-switch installed(both items which I had). After the technical person transferred me to the agent to reorder the Spanish programming,it was like reinventing the wheel. Just when the new agent was about to give me an appointment for the tech to come out,I cut off. So I recalled the 800 number,& said "technician." Instead of giving me an appointment,he told me I already had a SL5 dish. He told me to do a hard reset,which I did,then he resent authorization for the Spanish program,then he had me "reset up my satellite dish by changing SL3 to SL5. Okay,I got new channels,but what was playing on those channels did not correspond with what the channel was supposed to be. I am not technical minded. I trained to be an LPN(Licensed Practical Nurse),but I think I have a rudimental idea of the difference between a SL3 LNB & a SL5 LNB just by looking at a picture of the two.
My only question is who do I ask for when the automated voice asks me what I want? Do I ask for "agent" this time,or do I for "technical support" again? I got the equipment & I'm willing to pay for them to be installed,how do I get that message through to whoever I'm speaking to?
P.S. I got the WB68 multi-switch because I do plan on getting more receivers,even if it means renewing my contract for 2 more years per each time I add a new receiver(eventually up to 4-5 receivers).

What channels in particular are you now seeing (by content, not channel number or guide info) that you weren't before?

Chances are pretty good that telling the receiver that you have one type of LNB when you actually have another is causing the channel number problem.

You might try sending them a picture of your dish assembly and see if that sways them.

Tune to the verification channels. Chs 480-483 to check the 99 and 103 sat reception and 490-494 to verify the 101, 110, and 119 sats. This will help in determining what programmin you should be getting.

BTW, lose the bold font as it makes it harder to read. :)

What I'll do is call again tomorrow to try to get them to schedule a tech to come out & switch my LNB. IF.....for some weird reason the "tech" I speak to says that I can't have HD without a Slim Line 5 LNB,I'll just say,"there you go,I don't have HD because I have a Slim Line 3 LNB & not a Slim Line 5,could you please send someone out to switch out my LNB's?"

You took the time to order the parts, why not swap them out yourself? I't squite simple to swith the LNB, the WB68 isn't much harder........

This is my first time having a satellite dish,just because I buy the parts doesn't mean I know how to install them. If I install the Slim Line 5 my self,I have no way of knowing if my line of site is still good without climbing up & down my ladder & running in & out of my house checking my receiver. I'd rather pay for a professional to come out & get it right he first time. I only bought a Slim Line 5 LNB & WB68 multi-switch,I didn't buy the extra cable needed or the tools to strip the cables & connect the connectors,etc. I didn't buy the Satellite meter to check signal strength,etc. I'd rather pay the extra cost for the technician to come out.

What I'll do is call again tomorrow to try to get them to schedule a tech to come out & switch my LNB. IF.....for some weird reason the "tech" I speak to says that I can't have HD without a Slim Line 5 LNB,I'll just say,"there you go,I don't have HD because I have a Slim Line 3 LNB & not a Slim Line 5,could you please send someone out to switch out my LNB's?"

You can get HD on both set ups.

This is my first time having a satellite dish,just because I buy the parts doesn't mean I know how to install them. If I install the Slim Line 5 my self,I have no way of knowing if my line of site is still good without climbing up & down my ladder & running in & out of my house checking my receiver. I'd rather pay for a professional to come out & get it right he first time. I only bought a Slim Line 5 LNB & WB68 multi-switch,I didn't buy the extra cable needed or the tools to strip the cables & connect the connectors,etc. I didn't buy the Satellite meter to check signal strength,etc. I'd rather pay the extra cost for the technician to come out.

Should have called in and told them you have no picture and it is "searching for signal", tell them the same thing when they have you go thru the tests.... at that time I would have told them that I wanted more/different recvr's and that they could do it all on the same trip.
This way they would have given you the set up you wanted without your out of pocket cost.

It's ok,I got through today & they are going to upgrade my LNB to SL5 for free. The tech is coming out this Wednesday. I mean,I was more than willing to pay fo the upgrade,but the CSR was very friendly & helpful. The problem I had yesterday with trying to convince the CSR that I couldn't pick up the Latino package because I had a SL3 LNB instead of a SL5. He tried his best to convince me that I indeed had a SL5 LNB.......well,it was a circle jerk dealing with him. But everything should be ok now.

If you add additional programming or equipment that requires an install, D* would provide and install the equipment for you. If you want to use your equipment, I would call a local D* installer and arrange an install at your cost.

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts