upgrade problem with 129

• WELCOME TO THE NEW SERVER!

If you are seeing this you are on our new server WELCOME HOME!

While the new server is online Scott is still working on the backend including the cachine. But the site is usable while the work is being completes!

Thank you for your patience and again WELCOME HOME!

CLICK THE X IN THE TOP RIGHT CORNER OF THE BOX TO DISMISS THIS MESSAGE

ndcoop

Active SatelliteGuys Member
Original poster
Jun 23, 2007
I currently have a dish 500 that picks up 110 and 119 nicely. I am thinking of upgrading to HD but am not sure I can pick up 129 (area of trees blocking line of sight). Anyone know how this problem could be worked out if I decide to go HD?
Cutting trees down is not an option... they are in neighbors yard and huge.
Thanks in advance. Also, in Mid-Missouri if that is helpful.

I'm not sure what constitutes "mid-Missouri", but Columbia has their HD locals on 61.5, so you could install a 2nd "wing" dish pointing at that orbital location. If you have all ViP receivers you could get a single 1000.4 dish and point at 61.5/72.7/77.

Check out Satellite Finder / Dish Pointing Calculator with Google Maps | DishPointer.com as a quick way to verify the signal path to work out line-of-sight.

you can move your dish to where you can get line of site, or put a wing dish just looking at 129 from a location that will get line of site and run the line from that dish to the input on the dish you already have installed.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)