Upgrade questions

nrich239

SatelliteGuys Family
Original poster
Jun 18, 2009
Raleigh
I currently have a 722k as my only receiver. I have one line from the wall into multiple splitters/diplexers into the back of the receiver. A 2nd separate cable runs from outside with a splitter to the back of the house directly to the 2nd tv.

I'm thinking of upgrading the main tv and sticking the current HD set in the bedroom.
I know that I'll need to get a 211k for the bedroom to actually get HD.

My question is do I need a service call to re-do the wiring or can i just plug the receiver into the coax line already in the room?

Dish may well insist upon the service call. And from your post, I suggest you leave it to them. More info would be needed about how the coax is run, as well as separators and the splitters/diplexors. And if you intend to lease or own.

You do realize that you will not be able to share EHDs between those two boxes, right?

Dish may well insist upon the service call. And from your post, I suggest you leave it to them. More info would be needed about how the coax is run, as well as separators and the splitters/diplexors. And if you intend to lease or own.

You do realize that you will not be able to share EHDs between those two boxes, right?

I have never tried sharing my EHD because I only have one receiver, but is supposed to work with any ViP receiver on your account (excluding many 222's due to a software issue)

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts