Upgrade Super Joey/Wireless Joey Questions, Please Help

jayiw

SatelliteGuys Pro
Original poster
Jan 14, 2007
Hello,

Since I cannot get any actual questions answered from Dish Upgrade Phones or Dish Tech Help Phones (they are overseas people reading canned responses) please can someone answer my questions? I am very frustrated right now trying to get some answers...

Ok first thing. I have a Hopper 2k with a Joey, Hopper on Main TV, Joey on Secondary TV. The Joey has gotten dreadfully slow, and just seems to get slower and slower. I wanted to throw my remote through the screen today because I was trying to type something in the search and it's just impossible. Too slow, way too slow. So I figured maybe I'd like to upgrade to a Super Joey. The question is, can they just swap out the old Joey with the Super Joey with no change in wiring or would they have to run new and/or additional wiring?

Second thing. My Bedroom TV just has an antenna and Roku Box. I'd really like it to have Dish. Now that there is a Wireless Joey would it be as simple as connecting it to the TV and then setting it up on my WiFi network or would there need to be additional wiring somewhere?

Basically I am trying to avoid any additional wiring anywhere. If the Super Joey requires it then no big deal I'll just get them to swap out for a replacement Joey for the secondary TV. But I would really like a Wireless Joey on my Bedroom TV if nothing else has to be done except for simply plugging it into the HDMI port and connecting it to my WiFi Network.

All my TVs are HD (HDMI ports) and the existing Hopper and Joey are on my WiFi network.

Thanks in advance!
Jay

the WJ requires a WAP, that is purchased seperately... currently it is $50. The Super Joey is similar to just swapping out, but they do have to change some things at the node. It needs signal to access the tuners.

DISH rules: You can't have two hoppers AND a Super joey on the same account. So if you lose one hopper and then add a super joey you would be good to go.

Sounds like you are thinking of going with a Hopper, Super Joey and Wireless Joey setup. You will need a third cable coming off the dish antenna that will feed the Super Joey. As for the Wireless Joey you will need to purchase the Wireless Access Point and you can connect it to the Hopper with the included ethernet cable. The Super Joey will run $10 a month and the Wireless Joey runs $7 a month.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)