Upgrade to HD DVR issues???

Bosephus

Original poster
Jan 6, 2009
Madison, WI
Hey gang, new around these parts. Hoping to get some advice from the good guys (consumers)

I signed up for Dish about a year ago for a dual SD dvr receiver. Of course a month later my wife and I decided to buy an HD tv. By then I was no longer a new customer to Dish and they wanted to charge me an arm and a leg to upgrade even though only a month ago an HD DVR receiver wouldn't be that much more to me because I was a new customer.

Now presently I received like many of you, an offer to upgrade to an HD DVR for only $25. When I called Dish they said a dual HD DVR tuner would be $100, not $25. There's gotta be a better way I'm hoping. Can I get a better deal than the $100 they are offering or is this it for this Dish customer? Quite a bummer that the new customers get the best deals and current customers get kinda hosed. Any suggestions? Thanks in advance.

Hey gang, new around these parts. Hoping to get some advice from the good guys (consumers)

I signed up for Dish about a year ago for a dual SD dvr receiver. Of course a month later my wife and I decided to buy an HD tv. By then I was no longer a new customer to Dish and they wanted to charge me an arm and a leg to upgrade even though only a month ago an HD DVR receiver wouldn't be that much more to me because I was a new customer.

Now presently I received like many of you, an offer to upgrade to an HD DVR for only $25. When I called Dish they said a dual HD DVR tuner would be $100, not $25. There's gotta be a better way I'm hoping. Can I get a better deal than the $100 they are offering or is this it for this Dish customer? Quite a bummer that the new customers get the best deals and current customers get kinda hosed. Any suggestions? Thanks in advance.

I'd ask them if you can get 2 single HD DVR's for $50 :) I have the 622 but run in single mode just because it's sooooooo much more flexable not having it sent to another tv :)

just my $0.02

I'd ask them if you can get 2 single HD DVR's for $50 :) I have the 622 but run in single mode just because it's sooooooo much more flexable not having it sent to another tv :)

just my $0.02

We think a like....I tried that, but they said the promo is only good for 1 receiver at $25. Oh well.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)