Upgrade to HD-DVR

zachmaster

Original poster
Nov 7, 2008
Hi All-

I currently have the VIP211 for my HD with no DVR. I am looking to upgrade to an HD-DVR receiver. How much more will this cost me in initial investment as well as monthly?

How much it will cost you to upgrade depends on your current situation; if you are still on a contract, how long since your last upgrade, etc. It could be as low as $50, but could be more, just depends.

If you replace the 211 with a DVR, you will add a $6 DVR fee per month, which is waived on the first DVR if you sign up for "DVR Advantage" package. In that case the DVR should add nothing if replacing the 211. If it's being added to the 211, you'll also have a $5 receiver fee, if I remember correctly, and another $5 if not connected to a phone line or LAN.

How much it will cost you to upgrade depends on your current situation; if you are still on a contract, how long since your last upgrade, etc. It could be as low as $50, but could be more, just depends.

If you replace the 211 with a DVR, you will add a $6 DVR fee per month, which is waived on the first DVR if you sign up for "DVR Advantage" package. In that case the DVR should add nothing if replacing the 211. If it's being added to the 211, you'll also have a $5 receiver fee, if I remember correctly, and another $5 if not connected to a phone line or LAN.

Thanks for the reply. It will be replacing the 211. Does Dish Network even offer an HD-DVR? I've been a contract Dish customer for almost 2 years...and I'm still on the same 211 I received since I started (have not upgraded). What is the DVR Advantage package?

Thanks for the reply. It will be replacing the 211. Does Dish Network even offer an HD-DVR? I've been a contract Dish customer for almost 2 years...and I'm still on the same 211 I received since I started (have not upgraded). What is the DVR Advantage package?

DISH has three HD-DVRs, the 722, 622 and 612. If you are only getting a single unit, it will likely be a 722. IMHO, this is the best DVR on the market today. It simply does it right.

DVR Advantage is a programming package with 200 channels, including locals and RSN. You can find it described here:
DISH Network - 1.888.825.2557

Thanks for the info. I currently have the America's top 100, Locals, and Bronze HD package.

If I were to get an HD-DVR, would I be forced to get the DishDVR Advantage package...plus $10 for HD, plus $5 for locals? I have no need for the 200 channels that comes with the DishDVR package, I just want what I currently have + an HD-DVR.

Locals and DVR fee are included in DVR Advantage. If you don't do DVR Advantage you'll have a $5.98 DVR fee. Basically for $5.00 you eliminate the DVR fee and also get your locals which also will be in HD if available.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)