Upgrade To Hopper from 722k Installation

RichBrubaker

SatelliteGuys Family
Original poster
Jan 5, 2007
I'm currently waiting for the installer, sometime between 12 and 5 PM. Is it possible he'll let me do the install if I convince him I know what I'm doing? Inquiring minds want to know....

Most probably wouldn't just drop off the boxes as they wouldn't want to risk the customer calling Dish back because the customer botched everything on their own. The techs get penalized in those situations. Let us know how it goes....

If it were me, i'd just get all the wiring set up and then all he'd have to is plug in the boxes and leave.

I had such a rats nest of cables the tech was happy to let me plug in the Hopper while he installed the node outside. Do you also want to pull all the cables and terminate all the coax yourself? If so, just do it all ahead of time like Sparc said.

Exactly what everyone's saying, if you want to make it easy on us techs have all your lines run & (& labeled if possible). If every outlet is a solid line to your central nest (no splitters or anything) it makes it super easy on us & cuts on-site in half. Beyond that he SUPPOSED to stay on site until every tv has picture, but some times you can convince him just to get to the authorized & downloading guide part.

Sent from my SCH-I800 using SatelliteGuys

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts