Upgrade to Hopper, old programming, how to save?

Wen Valley

Well-Known SatelliteGuys Member
Original poster
May 1, 2008
We're planning on upgrading to a Hopper in the next week or so. I have a lot of programs that have been saved on the 722k DVR. How can I move these programs over to the new system? In the past I have burned them to DVD, but I'm hoping that there is a better and faster way to accomplish this. Thanks.

So, it has to be formatted by a 722? Our 722 is currently networked but I don't think I can pull programs off of it from a PC. I will do a search to try and determine what kind of HD it takes to move the programs.

I have four external USB HD's, but they all are formatted for PCs. Thanks.

You can't pull any programming from a Dish DVR to a PC. You MUST use the EHD feature of the [67]22/Hopper.

If you really want to save the programming, go get a new EHD and let the 722 format it.

You need a usb hd that has it's own power supply. Once you hook it up to the 722, you will get the prompt to format it, The 722 will then format it and then you can transfer all your programming to the ehd. There is no charge to activate the ehd. The Hopper can support 2 ehd's at a time. I use a powered usb hub.
A lot of people have had good luck with WD hard drives.

A self-powered EHD, connected directly to the 722k. It will be automatically reformatted. So, sacrifice one of your present ones, or get another one.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)