upgrade to hopper ---------payment hold?

bnewt

SatelliteGuys Pro
Original poster
Oct 6, 2003
Shepherdsville, Ky
tried to setup switch to hopper & joey setup but the dish rep asked for credit card info as a payment hold

what is that? never had to do that before when I upgraded...... Is it legit?

Also thought my bill would increase by $7.00.......was told $9.00 (switching from 2 722's to 2 hoppers w/sling & 1 wireless joey)

also tried to order the ota dongle, but wouldn't do that either.......pretty frustrating chat........25 minutes & nothing accomplished

You can't order the dongle from Dish until the Hopper is active. Contact DIRT.

Posted Via The FREE SatelliteGuys Reader App!

The hold is normal. It is invade you cancel before your contract is over or do not return equipment, they can bill that card automatically. You are authorizing them to hold that card number on file to be billed at a later date, should you reneg on commitment. It's their "insurance policy". Perfectly normal

Reactions: KAB
tried to setup switch to hopper & joey setup but the dish rep asked for credit card info as a payment hold

what is that? never had to do that before when I upgraded...... Is it legit?

Also thought my bill would increase by $7.00.......was told $9.00 (switching from 2 722's to 2 hoppers w/sling & 1 wireless joey)

also tried to order the ota dongle, but wouldn't do that either.......pretty frustrating chat........25 minutes & nothing accomplished

Just what the other said, yes, the credit card hold is normal. It's a $1 hold that comes off in 24-72 hours, and gives Dish the number if you bail and don't return equipment.

Also, on the fees, you're correct, should go up $7. Your current fees are $0 for the first 722, $17 for the second, and $7 for the DVR fee, total fees of $24. For 2H/1J, you'll see $0 for the first hopper, $12 for the DVR fee, $12 for the second Hopper, and $7 for the Joey, total of $31/mo in fees, that's $7 more. Also, if you get a wireless Joey, you have to buy the Wireless Access Point for $50 from Dish, and you do have to use that, cannot use your own wifi for the wireless Joey.

As a Dish employee, my opinions are my own, and do not represent my employer in any way, shape, or form.

thanks for the replies............in the chat, I never could get the Dish rep to tell me the dollar amount that was going to be used for the "hold". That's the part the bothered me. If I was told it was only $1......all would have been good. Everything is good now........spoke with someone later last night & she was very helpful & got me setup to switch this week end. How long should the switch take?

The only problem is I could not order the ota dongle & have it to install at the same time. Seems like I could have gotten it since I am switching. What # do I need to call to order one from Dish? They are higher on Ebay & Amazon

thanks for the replies............in the chat, I never could get the Dish rep to tell me the dollar amount that was going to be used for the "hold". That's the part the bothered me. If I was told it was only $1......all would have been good. Everything is good now........spoke with someone later last night & she was very helpful & got me setup to switch this week end. How long should the switch take?

The only problem is I could not order the ota dongle & have it to install at the same time. Seems like I could have gotten it since I am switching. What # do I need to call to order one from Dish? They are higher on Ebay & Amazon
Once your Hopper is activated, you can order it from the Dish store on the Dish website.

Here is a good place to order module if you want to get it sooner. http://www.dishdepot.com/accessories.jsp

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts