Upgrade vs addition of another reciever

rhapsody

SatelliteGuys Family
Original poster
Jun 14, 2009
East Tennessee
Hello, I already have a 722k, and have had it for about a year and a half.

What does Dish charge for the addition of another receiver to the account (i.e. the 922K?). Would there be an additional monthly charge?

What would the costs be to upgrade the 722k to the 922??

Thanks so much.
:)

The 922 would become your primary receiver if you paid the anywhere from $200.00- $400.00 upgrade charge. It depends on what DISH decides is your credit rating. Then there is a $17.00 extra additional receiver monthly charge for the 722k that will be second on your account after the first. Then there will be the new dvr fee of $10.00 instead of $6.00 for just the 722k. If all you want it to trade in the 722k for the 922 then you will only have the $10.00 dvr fee and the upgrade charge of like I said before ,anywhere from $200.00 - $400.00 depending on credit. If you do an upgrade ,this will lock you in to a two year commitment with DISH.

if your not under contract threaten to leave.
but i doubt you will get a 922 for free, maybe another 722, or other nondvr

do you have to have a 922?

You could also go the route of the 211k where you pay just $7/month. You pay a one time $40 fee and you can then hook up USB HDs to it to make it a DVR.

To buy one new is $120 (see dishstore.net link at top of page) if you can handle the self install. Or you can get various rates out of Dish depending on how long you have been a sub and what you pay.

30 money back guarantee?

This is a somewhat related question.

If I did upgrade to a 922K,
Is there a customary 30 day money back period with it?

I'm concerned if I got the new unit and then decided I didn't care for it, would I then be able to return it and just keep my 722K.

Thanks

Not that I know of .Others have said in similar situations, that DISH will make you pay $200.00 all over again to swap a 922 out for a 722k.

No, I'd be keeping the 722k, but what I am asking is if I get an additional 922, and then decided that after getting it I don't want it, will Dish give me a return policy/refund?

I'm not sure about that one. Now if you don't like it they would most likely let you return it and pay $15.00 for shipping it ,but any commitment you got for taking the 722k would stay . Why don't you do an online chat through the dish website and ask them. Another definitive answer would be to write an email to ceo@echostar.com and ask them.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts