Upgrade

The last time I subscribed to cable I did not pay a fee for either of the cable boxes we had in the house. I didn't have to pay a fee for damage protection either. If the box quite working or the cable fell down I called and they came and took care of it. At the time we had cable we had been dish subscribers but economics forced us to take advantage of a "special" to sign up for cable. Once the special ran out (the special was 12 months and I got it extended for 6) we went back to Dish got all the free stuff and "new subscriber" specials etc. Dish is still the better deal.
I don't know of any other "service" that requires a monthly fee for the equipment regardless if it is owned by the customer or owned by the "service". Of course rremeber that even if you purchase the equiment you can still have it covered under the protection plan so that is a bonus that you wouldn't get if you bought your own cable box!
I am of the opinion that if Dish was really serious about keeping their long time customers they would offer "free" equipment upgrades etc, with commitment of course, to keep folks. Personally I like dish. I like the 2 room DVR set up, I don't like having to pay $9.00 for the 2nd 2 room receiver but I use one output for PIP on our main tv and the other goes to my sons room so I deal. The local retailer i use is very honest and a super guy.
As far as asking for free upgrades etc. All the so called "guru's" that tell us how to save a buck here and there in our family budgets tell us asking for some type of a deal, or extension of a deal (on cable and satilite) etc is the way to go. Of course it may or may not work, and you may have to call several times but it can't hurt. I have mentioned this several times; recently I found that I was being overcharged for tHE HD with Platinum service. I was being charged $30.00 for somehting that should have only been $10.00. It took three diffeerent CSR's to finallyget my bill adhjusted. I didn't get a refund but I did get three free months of showtime and HBO which I beleive is worth $66.00. Now I will drop them both just before the three months are up because we really don't watch them enough to make it worth it.
Bottom line is if you like the service stay. If not go somewhere else. Just remember the grass isn't always greener!

Ross

I just "dish'd up" my folks on 2/5. Totally free upgrade (waived $100 fee) (from a 301 to a 522 dvr), just had to do the 2 yr. commit. They have been a customer for about 9 years.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)