AZBOX Upgrade

sanjap

SatelliteGuys Pro
Original poster
May 1, 2009
houston, tx
I have owned the azbox premium plus for 7 years now. Love it. Is there any receiver that is better than the azbox I can upgrade to? Every new receiver I have purchased after my azbox doesn't really come close. Any suggestions?

My upgrade from AzBox Premium Plus was the Vu+ Duo2.... The big upgrade is Enigma2 operating system, incredibly fast processor and 4 tuners instead of just 2 in the AzBox and it can record up to 16 channels at one time. Be aware you will be buying from Europe but it only took about 2 weeks to get through customs.

===
Bill

Reactions: sanjap
I would use a PCI Express card if your Motherboard supports it, PCI slots are going away on a lot of new computers.
The TBS6925 is able to receive stuff some of the cheaper Sat tuners can't, the 4K demo on Amazonas 2 is an example of a feed that my cheaper TBS tuner could not handle. The TBS5925 USB version is also able to receive stuff that cheaper cards
Can't. There are many software programs for feed hunting and also for HTPC use that support DVB-S2 tuners.
I like Easy Blind Scan Pro for finding things and it even has apps for Android and IOS so you can fine tune your dish with a phone or a tablet out at the dish. For HTPC use Media Portal and Next PVR support DVB-S2 tuners as well as ATSC for over the air reception, I use SageTV but Google bought them and the only way to get a license is if someone is selling theirs off.

Posted Via The FREE SatelliteGuys Reader App!

Reactions: jorgek and Titanium
Hello Sanjap
I also own a azbox premium plus i have Enigma2 operating system in it and it works very good, I also own a few other receivers, like the VU+ DUO2, Amiko NANO, GOLDEN MEDIA TRIPLEX, RAPTOR, X2
and now I have the Amiko A3 you got to love this thing there is so much in it, I think everybody should have one, this receiver got balls.
You did not made a mistake at all.
Regards.
Tunder

Hello Sanjap
I also own a azbox premium plus i have Enigma2 operating system in it and it works very good, I also own a few other receivers, like the VU+ DUO2, Amiko NANO, GOLDEN MEDIA TRIPLEX, RAPTOR, X2
and now I have the Amiko A3 you got to love this thing there is so much in it, I think everybody should have one, this receiver got balls.
You did not made a mistake at all.
Regards.
Tunder

Thanks Tunder, How is the Blindscan on the Amiko A3? Is it any good?

Hello sanjap
The Blind scan is accurate and a lot faster than the Azbox, I don't think there is a perfect Blind Scan, all my receivers miss some TP'S, not the same ones, but they do.
I like the Blind Scan on the Amiko A3.
Regards.
Tunder

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts