Upgraded 811 to 622 for $299

smellozoid

Original poster
Jan 24, 2006
Called to complain about not being able to get the new Mpeg4 channels on my 811, and the representative offered me an upgrade to the 622 with a Dish 1000 and HD package for $299. I got her name and operator number, put the charge on my MasterCard and yep... a $299 charge showed up an hour later. She also said they would be sending out a box to return my 811 in, and she set-up an installation date of July 1st. I’ll just have to wait and see what happens next.

Welcome to the site :welcome

But I don't really get your post, are you excited thinking you got something special? that's the standard offer, anyone can call up and get that

Sounds to me like you'll get the whole thing for $299.00, plus $49 install, and then they'll rebate you the install. Isn't that the way they've been working these?

Just got off the phone and they said that's for new customers or ones with a 942, not an 811. I call again and see if I get a different answer.

My original installation date (for an upgrade to 622) was June 12th, but I called today to cancel the upgrade. The reason? The upgrade fee has been reduced to $199 from $299, starting today. So I think you should do the same and cancel it, then reschedule.

Called again and talked to another CSR who cancelled my original $299 upgrade, gave me a new $199 upgrade and the $10 for 10 months rebate. It reset my install date back another week to July 8th and left a $100 credit on my bill. This just keeps getting more amazing every week. I have no idea what's really going to happen on the 8th...or my account bill! Some of the stories in this forum are cause for concern.:confused:

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)