upgraded dish from 500 to turbo HD.HELP

igniter

Original poster
Jul 4, 2010
riverside county, ca.
hello,

i just upgraded my dish from dish 500 to a turbo hd dish with the larger LNB. the problem is i dont know if i need a check switch box to access sat 129. i know that i can get 110 and 119 but do i need a check switch box or do anything else differently to get sat 129 to access the HD channels? i only have 1 box a 722 DVR.
Thanks in advance.
Igniter

I thought the Dishes that had Turbo HD printed on them were the Super Dishes, that received 119,110 and either 105 or 121.

If you are not receiving 61.5 or 129 you will getting a very limited number of HD channels. Even getting just 61.5 is not a real solution as you need both 61.5 and 72.7 to get all of the HD channels.

John

Our western arc dish (110, 119 and 129) has Dish Turbo HD printed on it.

I thought the Dishes that had Turbo HD printed on them were the Super Dishes, that received 119,110 and either 105 or 121.

If you are not receiving 61.5 or 129 you will getting a very limited number of HD channels. Even getting just 61.5 is not a real solution as you need both 61.5 and 72.7 to get all of the HD channels.

John

My eastern arc dish does not have the Turbo hd symbol on it. My dish is from 2008 before they launched the Turbo campaign that they have since discontinued.

I am a new install (6/30/10) with a VIP 722K and Turbo HD dish. I don't think my signal strengths are very high here in the Texas Panhandle. Most transponders run in the 50's & 60's with a couple in the 70's. Let any rain cloud move into line of sight and I loose HD. I have had Dish back out here twice to repeak the dish, but to no avail. Last night we had a little shower blow over that left maybe three drops of water in my rain gauge. And HD went out for about 10-15 minutes. The last installer that was here said that if the signals didn't improve, he would install a second dish for the 129 bird. Will that really help? Here are some of the signal strengths:

Txpr 14,15,16,21
SS 53,59,55,64

Txpr 14,15,16,21
SS 61,73,71,74

Txpr 17,18,25,29
SS 53,52,52,52

Anybody got any ideas? All the signals seem low to me except for maybe the 3 that are in the 70's. I am getting really unhappy with this system. Has anyone else had problems with the new Turbo HD dish? They told me it was "new" and had only been out for about 6 months.

Last edited:
As has been posted, there is no TurboHD dish. It's just words they've put on several dishes. Advertising, sort of. I gather you have a 1000.2 dish. Numbers don't seem too bad, but repeaking the dish for better aim should help. I wouldn't go to a second dish at this time.

The numbers are supposed to now reflect signal quality, not signal strength.

Thanks for the comeback. They have repeaked the dish twice already. The second time, it improved the signal a little. They sacrificed signal strength on 110 and 119 to bring up 129 slightly; but it still drops HD with the least little disturbance. This is totally unacceptable to me. I have had a C-Band BUD since '85 and if this is the best Dish has to offer, then I don't want it. What will happen in the winter? Probably worse. I have no idea what the dish number is--whether it is a 1000.2 or 1000.4. All I know it is labeled Turbo HD on the dish. I do like the HD picture quality when it works. I really want this system to work, but I can't have Dish techs coming out every week trying to get a little more signal strength out of the system when it really doesn't seem to make any difference, anyway.

Thanks for the dish info. What would be the best way to aim the dish. Should we try to get the 119 satellite #'s as high as possible and then see what the 110 and 129 #'s look like? Are there any "how to" guides regarding aiming the dish? I am beginning to wonder if maybe the techs don't know how to get optimum performance from the system.

Dish.. Lets watch some TV.

Remove metal case without breaking "warranty seals"?

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)