Upgraded to dish 1000.2, can't get 522 rcvr back up

OK Bob

Original poster
Jun 21, 2009
Ky.
A construction contractor accidently destroyed my superdish antenna. It had been retrofitted to pick up the 110, 119 and 129 satellites thru a dp 34 switch connected to a 522 receiver. I replaced the antenna with a 1000.2 dish and 1000.2 LNBF.
Now, one of 522 tuners picks up the 129 channels and the other tuner receives the 119 channels. Can this receiver recognize that the dp34 switch is no longer in use? A switchcheck says i am not receiving as many channels(satellites) as previously. Can the 1000.2 LNBF not be switching properly?

seperators only work with dish pro plus switches ie dpp33 or dpp44.
a dp34 dish pro 34 switch will not work with seperators

the 522 isnt working because there is a pro plus switch built into the lnb so run wire from dish to 522 with seperator, no need for dp34

seperators only work with dish pro plus switches ie dpp33 or dpp44.
a dp34 dish pro 34 switch will not work with seperators

the 522 isnt working because there is a pro plus switch built into the lnb so run wire from dish to 522 with seperator, no need for dp34
hey stone this is from op "Can this receiver recognize that the dp34 switch is no longer in use? A switchcheck says i am not receiving as many channels(satellites) as previously. Can the 1000.2 LNBF not be switching properly?"

hey stone this is from op "Can this receiver recognize that the dp34 switch is no longer in use? A switchcheck says i am not receiving as many channels(satellites) as previously. Can the 1000.2 LNBF not be switching properly?"
forget the dp34 switch and go wire from 1000.2 into seperator into 522

sounded to me like he has it going 1000.2 into dp34 to 522
remove dp34 and add seperator right before hooking to 522

dp 34 is not in use, neither is a separator being used. Two coax lines between 522 receiver and the 1000.2 LNBF is how it is setup.

dp 34 is not in use, neither is a separator being used. Two coax lines between 522 receiver and the 1000.2 LNBF is how it is setup.
okay go 1 line from 1000.2 to seperator to 522 and post back what checkswitch says
doesnt hurt to try im pretty sure the above is how its supposed to be with 1000.2 and dual tuners

No seperator on-hand to test, but surely the use of the seperator is an optional arrangement. Disconnecting either coax line does not restore the remaining connected tuner to full use.

No seperator on-hand to test, but surely the use of the seperator is an optional arrangement. Disconnecting either coax line does not restore the remaining connected tuner to full use.
id look around for splitter if i were you, i thought all dual tuners from dish came with seperators, mine did

Looking at the install guide that was linked to....
#2 Port(110) is actually delivering the satellite channels from the 119 satellite
#1 Port(119) is delivering the channels from the 129 satellite.....and
the #3 Port(129) which you might guess had the channels from satellite 110, actually doesn't have anything on it.

Both should be the same. Do you have uninterrupted cable runs from the LNB ports to the receiver. There cannot be any splitters or switches along the way. For some reason the switch built into the 1000.2 LNB doesn't seem to be working. Did the LNB assembly come with the antenna (dish)? Try disconnecting the cables at the receiver and running a Check Switch to clear the matrix. Reconnect the cables and run another Check Switch test. Are the two matrices still different?

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)