Upgraded to HWS - Joey still slow

mfoster711

SatelliteGuys Pro
Original poster
Jul 8, 2010
College Station, Tx
I upgraded my two Hoppers to HWS and I am very pleased with the improved performance of the HWS over the Hopper. It is much more responsive and quickly scrolls through the guide. That being said, my two Joeys seem just as slow as before. I was under the impression they would be faster after the upgrade. What is your experience with the Joeys and HWS?

My experience is that they will operate as Joeys regardless if connected to HWS or H2k. I have both with Joey 1.0 and see no difference. One connected to one receiver the other linked to another.

Anything wireless is going to always offer a slight bit more lag, but from what I have read in the past, WJs are not that different in their operations from a 1.0. With a proper setup both seem to be fine.

I didn't really notice any improvement in performance of the original Joey by switching to the HWS. I swapped my bedroom Joey for a Super Joey when I made the upgrade, leaving the only regular Joey being the one in the garage that isn't used as often. The Super Joey is much faster than the original Joey!

I didn't really notice any improvement in performance of the original Joey by switching to the HWS. I swapped my bedroom Joey for a Super Joey when I made the upgrade, leaving the only regular Joey being the one in the garage that isn't used as often. The Super Joey is much faster than the original Joey!

Super Joey is almost as fast as a HWS.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)