Upgraded to the 211 from the 811

• WELCOME TO THE NEW SERVER!

If you are seeing this you are on our new server WELCOME HOME!

While the new server is online Scott is still working on the backend including the cachine. But the site is usable while the work is being completes!

Thank you for your patience and again WELCOME HOME!

CLICK THE X IN THE TOP RIGHT CORNER OF THE BOX TO DISMISS THIS MESSAGE

Satch0922

Well-Known SatelliteGuys Member
Original poster
Dec 23, 2003
Just got my 211 VIP and Dish 1000 installed. I had the 811 for the past two years (or whenever it came out).

Observations:

1. The 211 has better SD picture quality
2. The 211 has better HD picture quality
3. OTA digital is about the same.
4. The new channels (HD) that I got with the new package look great.
5. The menus are nicer.

I have had it on all day.....to burn it in. No freezes or bugs so far. This is by far a superior unit (as it should be) with none of the bugs the 811 software came with. Hopefully it won't prove me wrong!

Satch0922 said:
Just got my 211 VIP and Dish 1000 installed. I had the 811 for the past two years (or whenever it came out).

Observations:

5. The menus are nicer.

I have had it on all day.....to burn it in. No freezes or bugs so far. This is by far a superior unit (as it should be) with none of the bugs the 811 software came with. Hopefully it won't prove me wrong!

I agree in all your observations except for 3. The OTA tuner in the 211 is a lot better than the 811.

I agree OTA tuner is much better. It has a LG 8vsb tuner frontend and a broadcom 3520 8vsb/QAM chipset where as the 811 had a microtune 4040 8vsb tuner frontend and a broadcom 3510 8vsb/QAM chipset. The picture is remarkably better on the 411/211 than the 811. The color is alot more in depth.

Satch0922 said:

Observations:

5. The menus are nicer.

Is the 211 that much better on the pq. I have the 811 and hate the pq quality, I would upgrade if the pq of the 211 was a lot better than the 811

wow and I am still impressed on 811 picture (watching ABC HD Oscars) I cannot even imagine how 211 looks like

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)