upgrading from 942 to VIP622

• WELCOME TO THE NEW SERVER!

If you are seeing this you are on our new server WELCOME HOME!

While the new server is online Scott is still working on the backend including the cachine. But the site is usable while the work is being completes!

Thank you for your patience and again WELCOME HOME!

CLICK THE X IN THE TOP RIGHT CORNER OF THE BOX TO DISMISS THIS MESSAGE

kst8dan

Original poster
Jan 5, 2006
I am looking to upgrade to a VIP622 from 942. My question is I am now paying 9.99 for HD programming ( I have AEP package). If I do the install myself will I start getting the other HD channels on 129 as well as my HD locals automatically or will I have to call to upgrade. I don't see where Dish offers the 9.99 HD package anymore.

Thanks in advance

You are going to pay $10 more but will gain a lot of programming. You did not have VOOM, right???

They were getting to me for $9.95 + $5. for VOOM with the AEP.

The 622 seems to me quite a bit less stable than the 942. I get quite a bit of video stutter. Frequent rebooting seems to help.

Dish does not offer it anymore, you still have it as you are grandfathered into it. Getting the 622 would require you to get the new package, so you would get the new mpeg4 HD channels and all of the Voom channels as well. The HD locals are part of the local package and you should get them if you subscribe, you would still get all your locals in sd as well. When you activate the 622, stay on the line with the csr until all the channels come in, some may take longer to show up than others. Note: if you are keeping the 942 active, you should be able to have the balance of the HD channels that receiver can receive active as well.

I am looking to upgrade to a VIP622 from 942. My question is I am now paying 9.99 for HD programming ( I have AEP package). If I do the install myself will I start getting the other HD channels on 129 as well as my HD locals automatically or will I have to call to upgrade. I don't see where Dish offers the 9.99 HD package anymore.

Thanks in advance

The newer HD channels (mostly Voom) are on the 129 and 61.5 satellites. If you were getting the old HD pack, it is unlikely that you will have a dish pointed at either one of those birds. So, in all likelihood, you will need to switch out your current dish antenna for a Dish 1000.2 or add a wing dish for the 129 or 61.5

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts