Upgrading from Hopper to HWS

• WELCOME TO THE NEW SERVER!

If you are seeing this you are on our new server WELCOME HOME!

While the new server is online Scott is still working on the backend including the cachine. But the site is usable while the work is being completes!

Thank you for your patience and again WELCOME HOME!

CLICK THE X IN THE TOP RIGHT CORNER OF THE BOX TO DISMISS THIS MESSAGE

Ltrain23

Well-Known SatelliteGuys Member
Original poster
Jun 8, 2012
MN
Sorry if this has been asked before (my search results came up wanting), but when I transfer my recordings off of my original Hopper to an external hard drive, then back onto the HWS, will Autohop still apply to all of those recordings? Thanks everyone.

Sorry if this has been asked before (my search results came up wanting), but when I transfer my recordings off of my original Hopper to an external hard drive, then back onto the HWS, will Autohop still apply to all of those recordings? Thanks everyone.

Hmmm. Good question, I'm not sure.

Yes I believe it would. I copied some shows to my ehd earlier in the year and when playing back it asked me if I wanted to use AutoHop on it.

Posted Via The FREE SatelliteGuys Reader App!

Just be warned that transferring back to the Hopper isn't always successful. Just recently here transferring some recordings from one Hopper to the other rendered about half of the recordings useless. From now on I'll just play back from the EHD.

Thanks for the replies. I couldn't bear to lose half of my recordings, not to mention you would be reading about a homicide in the news if my wife found out that happened. Looks like I will just keep them on the hard drive for the time being.

But that brings up the next question... can shows on the EHD be viewed via Dish Anywhere?

Last edited:
Unfortunately not on the Hopper. 722 can but Dish said that was a "bug" that they "fixed" in the Hopper software.

Darn. That was the only reason I had to upgrade to the HWS right now. I know it's faster, but that wasn't a huge issue for us. Now I still can't watch them without transferring them to the Hopper, which may render them unwatchable. First world catch-22.

Just be warned that transferring back to the Hopper isn't always successful. Just recently here transferring some recordings from one Hopper to the other rendered about half of the recordings useless. From now on I'll just play back from the EHD.
there are still EHD bugs this massive after 2 years?

I remember when i first got the hopper and had some corrupted EHD recordings. Scary that this kind of stuff is still happening.

I, like many others, have problems in transfers.
Most are fine to the last few (>0 to 6) seconds. It can happen on transfers either way.
The weird thing is that some programs are fine, and almost all of others will fail
So if one fails it is likely more of those fail too. These were recorded recently and long ago.
-Ken
BTW, wasn't there a "fix" for Jan 10, that's today and no update.

I, like many others, have problems in transfers. Most are fine to the last few (>0 to 6) seconds. It can happen on transfers either way. The weird thing is that some programs are fine, and almost all of others will fail So if one fails it is likely more of those fail too. These were recorded recently and long ago. -Ken BTW, wasn't there a "fix" for Jan 10, that's today and no update.

Scott said that it's been pushed back a few days.

there are still EHD bugs this massive after 2 years? I remember when i first got the hopper and had some corrupted EHD recordings. Scary that this kind of stuff is still happening.

No. They pretty much fixed those problems. Then introduced bugs and unfixes in the last update.

Sent from my iPhone using SatelliteGuys

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts