Upgrading service online

Hall

SatelliteGuys Master
Original poster
Feb 14, 2004
Germantown OH
On our initial sign-up, we picked the lowest-cost package, AT60, that Dish offers. Already, we're kinda thinking of bumping up to AT120... I just asked my wife to look at the channel listing for AT120 and she said "why, you're thinking of upgrading, aren't you ?? I almost called them today myself..." :)

Anyway, on the "Add programming" page, it lists the packages I can upgrade to and also lists satellite locations. For AT180, for example, it lists 119, 110, and 61.5. For AT120 it lists the same. Does this mean the channels are broadcast on all of those satellites, a combination of them, or what ?? I've got a Superdish and am already picking up 105, 110, and 119 so I expect I'm good to go anyway.

Already done... The channels showed up in maybe 30 seconds. When the guide is set to "All Sub" they didn't show up though. When set to "All Chan" or whatever it's called, they were the same color as the channels I used to get. Did a quick "program guide update" and I think they're there... My wife took the remote... :)

I don't get (3) channels though: GSN, TECN (??), and PAEC (??) (the last two are from memory and I couldn't find any reference to them on the AT120 channel list anyway).

hall said:
I don't get (3) channels though: GSN, TECN (??), and PAEC (??) (the last two are from memory and I couldn't find any reference to them on the AT120 channel list anyway).

Those are most likely the channels at 61.5. A look at the channel chart could tell you for sure.

/Benjamin

hall said:
Already done... The channels showed up in maybe 30 seconds. When the guide is set to "All Sub" they didn't show up though. When set to "All Chan" or whatever it's called, they were the same color as the channels I used to get. Did a quick "program guide update" and I think they're there... My wife took the remote... :)

I believe they are public interest channels on 61.5. I think they are free in any package if you have a dish pointed at 61.5.

On a related note..... I was thinking of doing the same, but online I don't see the option to add the HBO/MAX value packages. Do you automatically get that price if you add those 2 services?

No, GSN is Good Samaritan Network. I now get that game show channel. Not sure exactly what channel it's on, but 116 sounds about right.

hall said:
No, GSN is Good Samaritan Network. I now get that game show channel. Not sure exactly what channel it's on, but 116 sounds about right.
You are correct, but just to confuse thing on March 15, Game Show Network changes its name to GSN. Wonder if Dish will change the abbreviation on Good Samaritan Network to aviod confusion between the two.

Does Good Samaritan Network actually use the GSN logo? Sounds like Game Show Network is having another logo change. They are currently on their second logo, as this one they have used most of the time since being on air. The first one was on around the time when they had Mary Ann Curan do the games with people live on tv using their touch tone phones, some using horses going across the screen and so forth. Looks like something Dish would do in the future.

hall said:
On our initial sign-up, we picked the lowest-cost package, AT60, that Dish offers. Already, we're kinda thinking of bumping up to AT120... I just asked my wife to look at the channel listing for AT120 and she said "why, you're thinking of upgrading, aren't you ?? I almost called them today myself..." :)

Anyway, on the "Add programming" page, it lists the packages I can upgrade to and also lists satellite locations. For AT180, for example, it lists 119, 110, and 61.5. For AT120 it lists the same. Does this mean the channels are broadcast on all of those satellites, a combination of them, or what ?? I've got a Superdish and am already picking up 105, 110, and 119 so I expect I'm good to go anyway.

Yeah, that's what happened to us. We started at AT50 back in July 2000. We crept up to AT100 in 2002 and then to AT150 last year. We started with one box and now have three including a DVR. I never thought we would spend more than about $30.00/mo on TV but now we are up to almost $60.00. It just kind of sneaks up on you. Now I can hardly wait to get a HDTV and an 811. Our bill will go up another 10 bucks a month!! :shocked

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts