Upgrading to 622 but already have 3 receivers.

EmanPittFan

Original poster
Mar 17, 2006
I have just signed up to upgrade to the 622 for the $299 lease deal. I currently have a 811, Dishplayer 721, and a 4900. I want to get rid of the 4900 since the 622 supports two simultaneous outputs. I currently have a SW64 but it constantly loses the 110 satellite. Will they install me a "new" switch when I upgrade? I currently have the 110/119, and an extra dish at 61.5 for HD and a couple of the "religious and shopping" locals here in eastern Middle Tennessee. My 110/119 dish is currently mounted on a tree (before the laughing starts, this was done by a local guy 4 years ago). Can I request that the installer give me a complete re-install when I do this upgrade so I can get this moved to a proper location for free? Would I qualify for the Dish 1000? Thank you for any light you can shed on this situation.

More Info

My locals are in Nashville and I would like to receive the HD versions. Since they are on 129 would I not automatically qualify for the Dish 1000?

Do you own or lease your current receivers? Dish will only lease up to 4 receivers, after that you have to buy them.

When I did my original install which was a 942 (dual), 322 (dual), & 305, I had to purchase the 305 and I believe (not positive now tho') they also charged for the DP44 which was required for this install.

When I recently upgraded the 322 to a vip622, in order for them to process the upgrade I had to have service to the 305 single tuner shut off because their system would only allow 4 tuners on a work order. After the vip622 install was complete, I was able to call in and have service restored to the 305.

Hardware info

I own all of my receivers and am going to "lease" the 622. I just want to make sure I tell them what I'm going to require "switch" wise and "dish" wise so I can make sure they have the right equipment on the "truck" when they come and do my install. What should I tell them I am going to need dish and switch-wise if I want to have 4 satellite locations?? I currently have 110/119 and 61.5 on separate dish but I need to add the 129 for Nashville HD locals? I want them to "hook-up" the 622 (2 tuners), 721 (SD DVR), and 811 and get rid of the 4900. Please help because after all the horror stories I've been reading with installers not having all the needed equipment, I want to MAKE SURE they have it on the work order what I'm going to require. And all of this should be included with the $299 upgrade plan correct?? Thank you for your time.....

Made a mistake..

Actually, after checking I found that I have a 7200 DVR, not a 721. What switch(s) and dish will I need to hook up a 622 (2 tuner), 811, and a 7200 to see "4" satellite locations (119/110, 61.5, and 129). What would the configuration look like?

welcome to the site and good luck trying to comminicate to dish what you need. even if you tell them what you need, chances are they will mess it up.

The simplest solution is a DPP44. Two reasons:

4 birds
Legacy receiver (7200)

Good luck trying to convince the idiots at E* that's the answer.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)