Upgrading to 622 questions

• WELCOME TO THE NEW SERVER!

If you are seeing this you are on our new server WELCOME HOME!

While the new server is online Scott is still working on the backend including the cachine. But the site is usable while the work is being completes!

Thank you for your patience and again WELCOME HOME!

CLICK THE X IN THE TOP RIGHT CORNER OF THE BOX TO DISMISS THIS MESSAGE

XorCist

SatelliteGuys Family
Original poster
Jul 6, 2006
hey all...first off...thsi forum is great...ive been lurking for the last few weeks reading abotu dish HD stuff and i think im finally ready to make the jump to Dish HD...but first i have a few questions

1. I currently have a 625, and the SD quality on my 42" Samsung DLP is very good..am I going to see a change in the SD quality going to a 622?

2. Will I need a different dish than the one I have now?

3. If I hook up my OTA antenna to the 625 and have that hooked up with a optical cable, will i get Dolby OTA passed thru? Or will it downsample it to stereo?

4. As they add more HD chans (come on FOOD Network HD!!!) does the cost get increased? Do I have to call them to have them add it to my account? Or does it automatically show up in my listings?

5. Regarding MPEG-4 chans, which chans are being broadcasts in that? Are they in a certain category in the listings (by that i mean like how the movie channels are all clumped together, would they be clumped like that?)

6. Is the remote different or the same as a 625 remote? I'm curious because I can't program my HTiB into the 625 remote, and was curious if they have an updated list in the 622 remotes.

I believe thats all I have for now...any help will be greatly appreciated....

1. You may want to use two seperate hookups. The sd via composites, s-video or coax should look about the same. Some tv's don't handle sd quite as good through components or other HD hookups, so you may have to switch inputs on the tv.

2. Don't know what you have now. You may need Dish 1000 or seperate dish pointed at 61.5.

3. Probably depends on what your OTA is sending out.

4. Again depends on your current package. When Nat'l Geographic was added, it was put on Gold HD or higher, if you have Silver HD or Bronze HD you would have to upgrade.

5. Mpeg4 channels are only HD at this point. All HD is 9420 through 9486. HD locals are in 63xx -6499, if you are entitled to have any.

6. Sorry, not familiar 625.

1. The 625 has multiple hook ups? Like one dedicated for SD and one dedicated for HD?

2. I have a 1000 now. Is 61.5 in the same direction as the ones im currently pointed at?

3. In primetime my local hds broadcast a Dolby Digital signal.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)