Upgrading to 722 from 301

• WELCOME TO THE NEW SERVER!

If you are seeing this you are on our new server WELCOME HOME!

While the new server is online Scott is still working on the backend including the cachine. But the site is usable while the work is being completes!

Thank you for your patience and again WELCOME HOME!

CLICK THE X IN THE TOP RIGHT CORNER OF THE BOX TO DISMISS THIS MESSAGE

FranKy400

SatelliteGuys Family
Original poster
Mar 23, 2008
My parents had dish network installed in the late 90's in a newly constructed home utilizing a 301 in the family room and a 301 in the bedroom and a dish that pointed at 110 and 119. Nothing has been upgraded since that time. I have "finally" convinced them that they need to get new hi-def tv's and new receivers. I assume that the dish itself will need to be replaced in order to get signals from 3 satellites. Dad really wants dual tuners for PIP, but the house was built with only a single coax run to each tv, and mom is afraid someone will damage her walls during installation if additional wiring is required. The question I have is can they upgrade to dual-tuners without having to run additional coax through the walls? Thanks in advance for any advice.

You should (based on my limited knowledge) be able to feed each receiver from it's own dedicated coax so as long as each one has a coax run from the dish now, that should work.

That home is adequately wired unless a bozo builder wired it with RG59 instead of RG6. Dish' dual tuner receivers only require one wire, except in certain circumstances.

Thanks.

Thanks for the info. I was hoping that it could be done. My house has 2 lines going into each receiver, but my house was wired with multiple coax jacks. I hadn't thought about the RG59 problem. Hopefully, the builder used RG6. But I guess I need to make sure the next time I over at their house. Anyway, thanks again for your help.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts