Upgrading to HD

• WELCOME TO THE NEW SERVER!

If you are seeing this you are on our new server WELCOME HOME!

While the new server is online Scott is still working on the backend including the cachine. But the site is usable while the work is being completes!

Thank you for your patience and again WELCOME HOME!

CLICK THE X IN THE TOP RIGHT CORNER OF THE BOX TO DISMISS THIS MESSAGE

truckracer

SatelliteGuys Pro
Original poster
Sep 17, 2004
Charleston wv
I currently have a 322 receiver and America's everything. Bill is approx 126.00 per month.

I don't care about a dvr.
If I want HD in two rooms I need two solo HD receivers?

My bill would go up 10.00 HD fee
Extra receiver fee. 7.00

126.00+10.00+7.00

I currently have a 322 receiver and America's everything. Bill is approx 126.00 per month.

I don't care about a dvr.
If I want HD in two rooms I need two solo HD receivers?

My bill would go up 10.00 HD fee
Extra receiver fee. 7.00

126.00+10.00+7.00

If you upgrade before the 17th you can get two 211 receivers and then get yourself signed up for HD Free for Life. Your bill would only go up $7 in this case.

Get a couple of vip211K's.Got mine on ebay a year or so ago,$75ea.
OTA tuner built in and if you do want dvr,pay the 1 time $40 activation and hook a usb hard drive to it.

Last edited:
Why do you think you don't need a dvr? We've had a number of people who have expressed the same thought, but after we've talked them into one, they thank us.
With a Hopper and a single Joey you would have access to HD on both TV's. You can pause a program for a potty break, answer a phone, etc. Start watching a show on one TV, pause and resume it on the other. How many times has there been more than 1 show on at the same time that you want to watch.

Once you try it, you'll LOVE Crack- err, a DVR.

My MiL started slowly, as above, just putting it on pause. They scooting back to see something she missed. Then decided to record something while she was out. She figured it out mostly on her own, with some help from others in the Retirement home.

Sent from my iPhone using SatelliteGuys

Mt techno-phobe wife loves the dvr. We could never go back to a on dvr household. We have 2 HWS's and 3 Joey's and there are just the 2 of us. With the ota modules we have 6 sat tuners(we don't use PTAT) plus 2 ota tuners.

211k's are your option. The user interface looks dated but it gets the job done. I have two hoppers and 1 joey and Im in love with them. Great user interface and ease of use.

I have virtually no desire to record anything. I never recorded back in the VCR days.

I never did either, it was too big if a pain. This is nothing near a VCR though. Recording shows is just half of it. The ability to pause what you're watching and rewind in case you missed something is worth it alone. You wouldn't have to record shows to make it worth while, but it's so easy you would do it anyway.

Well for those who don't record,there is still the greatest electronic invention ever,,,the MUTE button. :D
I don't need mute, I has the pause button. It stops the commercial and silences it, then I can just hit live tv when I think the commercials are over.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts