Upgrading to HD

bigpun334

Active SatelliteGuys Member
Original poster
Jan 24, 2007
I have been with dish for about 10 months and when I signed up, I signed up for SD service. Now I want to upgrade to HD.... I have a dish 500 right now, would they put in a 1000.2 and a vip622? What kind of equipment charges am I looking for this stuff?

Thanks guys

Check out the Dish It Up promo on the DN website. Pending your location and LOS, your 500 should be all you need. Aside from the 622, any equipment for HD will be N/C.

It will depend on you location. If in the footprint of the 1000 you will usually get a 1000 or 1000.2. In some case an 2nd dish will be used for HD on 61.5 or 129.

Hye bigpun
Did the change myself recently here in Miami. I had a dish 500 which I thought would disappear. Wrong. They added a second dish pointing east to 61.5.
I got a vip622 dual tuner, and it rules (except for the limited HD disk space...).

Money (the important one): a one time charge of 179 right away to a credit card. I then sent in a rebate form to get $50 credit, and $10 a month for 10 months; one form for both rebates. I believe they will also credit $10 or $15 for returning the old receiver.

Hope this helps, and go for it.. HD rules!!

Thanks for the respones....I just assumed I would need a 1000 dish for HD, but it looks like I am wrong on that one... so if I understand correctly all I have to pay for is the vip622 and E* will put in the right dish(es) at no cost?

Thanks for the respones....I just assumed I would need a 1000 dish for HD, but it looks like I am wrong on that one... so if I understand correctly all I have to pay for is the vip622 and E* will put in the right dish(es) at no cost?

You are correct. I also had this done a couple of months ago. Paid $149.00 up front for the ViP622, installation was free. Installer wanted to put up a second dish for the 129 satellite for better signal strengths but couldn't find a suitable mounting spot so he replaced my 500 with a 1000.2.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)