upgrading to MRV...is this a good deal?

Status
Please reply by conversation.

denno

Original poster
Aug 19, 2010
Milwaukee
Just called to find out pricing for upgrading to MRV. I've been a customer for 10 years. Here's what they offered--is this a good deal or should I try for something better through retention?

upgrade of current DVR to HD-DVR: $149
MRV kit: $49
install of current DVR in additional room that doesn't currently have DTV : free

I've been a DTV subscriber for 11 years. I wanted to upgrade to HD/MRV so I went to a local installer and asked what they could do for me. I was told they could cancel my account and sign me up as a new subscriber. I got the Sunday Ticket/HD/MRV package for $0. That included an HR24 and an H24. You might want to investiage that approach.

Just called to find out pricing for upgrading to MRV. I've been a customer for 10 years. Here's what they offered--is this a good deal or should I try for something better through retention?

upgrade of current DVR to HD-DVR: $149
MRV kit: $49
install of current DVR in additional room that doesn't currently have DTV : free

I would say not it isn't. In short I called last week to get Redzone added as I opted not to renew Sunday Ticket because of cost. In the conversation they gentlemen asked how many HD TV's I had. I said currently one with an HR22. He said well I can have a HD-DVR upgraded from my current STD. DVR R22 at no charge except a contract extension. I said at this point no because I dont have the tv and R22 reportly will be HD if HDMI is used.

My time with Directv is just coming up on 2 years. I can see free DVR and $49 for MRV. This should not be hard. I told him I wanted MRV and he only mentioned the $49.

Retention gave me

1 HD-DVR
swap out DVR for HD-DVR
free install MRV and additional room
__
$100

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)