Upgrading to VIP 722 - questions?

• WELCOME TO THE NEW SERVER!

If you are seeing this you are on our new server WELCOME HOME!

While the new server is online Scott is still working on the backend including the cachine. But the site is usable while the work is being completes!

Thank you for your patience and again WELCOME HOME!

CLICK THE X IN THE TOP RIGHT CORNER OF THE BOX TO DISMISS THIS MESSAGE

caday

Original poster
Feb 26, 2008
Hello everyone, I am new to the forum. We live in in a small town in western Colorado. We have existing Dish Network, America Top 100. We have our main receiver in the living room, also hooked up to another TV.

But we had to put up another dish for the den because our wiring was not put in right and the wiring to our Den didn't work.

We have just bought a 50" plasma tv and need to upgrade to the VIP 722. When I called Dish last night I was told it would cost $149 for the upgrade and installation. Great I said, sign me up. Even gave my credit card.

Then she told me I have to have a 24 month commitment. I tried to get an 18 month commitment, but was told that expired last month, along with the $100 rebate (sigh). I really hesitate to make a two-year commitment, even though we have had Dish for 13 years. What if their service goes to hell, or they decide to delete some programs? You just never know.

So my question is has anyone gotten out of the 24 month commitment? And if I go to DISHstore.net and order through them, does it help out the satellite guys or is that just for new customers to Dish?

Thanks for the info on the Dish HD package at $29.99. I am not sure I can get that right now because of extra dish/SD receiver in the Den. It seems I have to go with the Top 100 package we currently have and just ad the $9.99 HD package to keep getting tv in the Den. (we pay $5 per month for an extra reciever right now)

Sorry for the long post, my brain just doesn't do concise.

Hello everyone, I am new to the forum. We live in in a small town in western Colorado. We have existing Dish Network, America Top 100. We have our main receiver in the living room, also hooked up to another TV.

But we had to put up another dish for the den because our wiring was not put in right and the wiring to our Den didn't work.

We have just bought a 50" plasma tv and need to upgrade to the VIP 722. When I called Dish last night I was told it would cost $149 for the upgrade and installation. Great I said, sign me up. Even gave my credit card.

Then she told me I have to have a 24 month commitment. I tried to get an 18 month commitment, but was told that expired last month, along with the $100 rebate (sigh). I really hesitate to make a two-year commitment, even though we have had Dish for 13 years. What if their service goes to hell, or they decide to delete some programs? You just never know.

So my question is has anyone gotten out of the 24 month commitment? And if I go to DISHstore.net and order through them, does it help out the satellite guys or is that just for new customers to Dish?

Thanks for the info on the Dish HD package at $29.99. I am not sure I can get that right now because of extra dish/SD receiver in the Den. It seems I have to go with the Top 100 package we currently have and just ad the $9.99 HD package to keep getting tv in the Den. (we pay $5 per month for an extra reciever right now)

Sorry for the long post, my brain just doesn't do concise.

The commitment is 24 months now, but you do have the option of buying out the rest of the commitment for $13.33 per month on whatever is remaining, so if you make it through the 18 months you would only have like $79.98 or something to buy out.

As for getting out of it completely, we signed up when they had the 18 month commitment, so I have no idea.

As for Dishstore, I am not sure how upgrading with them works (if anyone can do it or if only New customers can go through them (or those that started with Dishstore as their retailer), but any purchases through Dishstore help Satguys.

Geoff

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)