Uplink Activity - 10/25/2006

If you have a question for Scott, might be more productive to PM him directly instead of burying a message in a totally unrelated area.

How many new customers today have dishes pointed at either 61.5' or 105' ?? My locals used to be on 105' but no longer are. I also no longer have the SuperDish that pointed there.

Why isn't the HD demo channel on 110' or 119' which 90% of the customers point at ?? Or isn't 129' the "main" HD satellite now ?? Customers who sign up today on a 'metal' package point at 129' for the HD channels, don't they ??

The HD Channel is not there to amuse us, its there to sell TV's and Dish Network service.

Now yesterday I mentioned that there were rumors of the HD Demo Channel moving to 105, this will not happen at least until spring. But it will allows the stores that use it full uncompressed HD Video to use in their showrooms, and will also open up space for more HD on 61.5 ;)

The HD Channel is not there to amuse us, its there to sell TV's and Dish Network service.

Now yesterday I mentioned that there were rumors of the HD Demo Channel moving to 105, this will not happen at least until spring. But it will allows the stores that use it full uncompressed HD Video to use in their showrooms, and will also open up space for more HD on 61.5 ;)

In the strictest sense, it isn't full bitrate HD; that's ~1.5 Gbits/second for 1080i60 and about 1.3 Gbits/second for 720p60 ;)

What you mean to say is that the MPEG-2 stream isn't filtered to less than 1920 or compressed down to a lower bitrate from the full broadcast rate that's being used :)

Cheers,

"my verbage" ? OK, lets see ...
1920x1088x60/2 = 62668800 pps (pixels per second )
one pixel representing by 3 bytes ie 24 bits
62668800x24 = 1504051200 bps so far looks good,
but this is RAW stream, what NEVER seen in circuitry, that 2K buffer immediately processing by MPEG-2 encoder with ratio 1:100;
so practically we have ~16 Mbps stream as a SOURCE.

Now tell me about the verbage :D

Strange channel mapping

Help problem with 301 receiver.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts