Uplink Activity - 10/25/2006

Hi,

Some of those are Bozeman-Butte locals. How long (historically) does it take from the time they are uplinked to when Dish provides the locals? Just looking for an estimate. Thanks!

There is no telling for sure. Some times it's minutes to hours. Most of the time it's about 2 weeks to a month. Some times it's YEARS. Ask anyone about Milwaukee or Baltimore.

In this case, Dish announced they will be up by the end of the year so no more than 10 weeks. :)

See ya
Tony

Butte-Bozeman is getting locals?!? They're 193 on the DMA list. Lafayette, IN only has one local station, and is 191 on the DMA list!! Come on DISH!

Thanks for providing the uplink report as always guys! It looks like for the time being the priority at E* is adding locals and HD locals. I was hoping for movement with INHD, HD RSN's, Cinemax HD or Setanta but oh well...

Thanks for providing the uplink report as always guys! It looks like for the time being the priority at E* is adding locals and HD locals. I was hoping for movement with INHD, HD RSN's, Cinemax HD or Setanta but oh well...
Me too considering Dish is rolling out a new HD Advertising campaign. :(

Butte-Bozeman is getting locals?!? They're 193 on the DMA list. Lafayette, IN only has one local station, and is 191 on the DMA list!! Come on DISH!

Well how do you think I feel. My DMA is # 156 and has ABC/NBC/CBS/PBS/CW affliates and yet Dish has yet to do a darn thing about getting these stations on board.

I's a matter of geographical location and room on spot beams. The Indiana spot beam is jam-packed. There was room in the Montana spot.

If you want to go by market size, Springfield MA should have come before Bangor!

See ya
tony

Dish would have to figure out the Sig View to add Lafayette...same reason they havent added Manakto, MN (another one channel DMA)...there's room on the TP (Mpls only took 10 channels...there's room for KEYC)

Wasn't there a couple of those VIRT channels in the system?

So the other VIRT channel is still there then?
And what are those all about, anyone knows?

There were a few but now there's only a couple. And they are not available to subs...

Actually, those VIRTx are not channels, but a decoy for super duper FTA receivers. Sort of monkey wrench or VOID pointer:).
Code:
119W tp 19
Network Name: 
Network ID: 4100 (0x1004)
Transport Stream ID: 10019 (0x2723)
Original Network ID: 4100 (0x1004)
DVB-S Orbital Position: 119.0W
Frequency: 12.486 GHz
Modulation: QPSK, DVB-S
Polarity: RHCP
Symbol Rate: 20000 MSps
FEC: 3/4
Current Network: True
Descriptor: Service List Descriptor
 Service: 6532 (VIRT1) user defined (0x9a)

110W tp 21
Network Name: 
Network ID: 4102 (0x1006)
Transport Stream ID: 10221 (0x27ed)
Original Network ID: 4102 (0x1006)
DVB-S Orbital Position: 110.0W
Frequency: 12.516 GHz
Modulation: QPSK, DVB-S
Polarity: RHCP
Symbol Rate: 20000 MSps
FEC: 3/4
Descriptor: Service List Descriptor
 Service: 6534 (VIRT3) user defined (0x9a)

Last edited:
More and more games are starting to show up in the EPG data for the HD RSNs... It was reported from the "dark side" that the Capitals v. Avalanche game on AltitudeHD was actually uplinked with video and everything tonight.

Cmon dish turn these suckers on!!

Oh, and good news for all of you that like to watch the hdtv demo channel!!! It running around 19Mbit/s at 1920x1080i! Glad they know where to concentrate the quality ;)

Also, FOOD left 61.5W TP20 in the NIT, but the video channel is still on TP20. I'm assuming they just forgot to un-uplink the channel to TP20. Both are still mpeg2.

Strange channel mapping

Help problem with 301 receiver.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts